Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 5th, 2019, 7:45 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 12:07 am Tempo of offense yesterday was fast and quick. Faster than last year. Overall practice was very organized. No time wasted . Players seem to have learned new system.
Ballcoach, are you already on your security detail to keep out the non-media types from closed practices? :boxing
Or did you claim to be part of the media yourself? :typing Or is this information from your "sources"? :oldhag
None of the above :football
By Dalegarz1
Does anyone know the practice schedule for this Friday (August 9th)? If not, how could I find out? I'll be leaving NJ about 5AM and arriving at LU around 11:30-would love to see the team work out.
By LibertyD
Purple Haize wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:56 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm
jinxy wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:10 pm Nobody asked about washington or saw him there? Interesting.

Manson are you waiting for the kid to post his commitment which was number 2 from last night.
Both are on the rumor mill - https://www.aseaofred.com/running-rumor-mill/
Enough about R Washington already. How is the current crew of RBs looking? Haven't heard from RB Coach Bruce Johnson.

Yeah. They said he was spotted on Coastals campus over the weekend 8)
By LibertyD
LibertyD wrote: August 5th, 2019, 8:04 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:56 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Both are on the rumor mill - https://www.aseaofred.com/running-rumor-mill/

Yeah. They said he was spotted on Coastals campus over the weekend 8)
Enough about R Washington already. How is the current crew of RBs looking? Haven't heard from RB Coach Bruce Johnson.
By tyndal23
I know it is probably just the “new voices” and it is all still coach speak - but really enjoying the individual coach pressers. HF doesn’t hold any punches - was pretty cool to hear him talk about Buckshot and what he had to do film wise to get better over the summer. I could listen to him talk all day. Most coaches keep that type of stuff under their hat. Sounds like our D Line coach is loving the new meat. Really excited to see how our D looks more than anything.
By cruzan_flame13
I agree. With what we had last year and still went 6-6, I’m hoping to see better gameplay on that end. Granted, our schedule is harder, those players seem very hungry! Can’t wait to see the 757 duo in action! Go Flames 🔥
By CCWMichael
The openness of this training camp is what builds a fan base. The more people see what is happening the more likely they will believe and become invested. I love the way he is building a program!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It certainly helps. I thinks its a mistake baseball has made. Jackson is building a bully but information and recruiting is so tightlipped that theres just virtually no talk about baseball.

Some of the assistants are quite as polished on interviews as the previous staff but you can hear the energy level and enthusiasm. Mo harris and symons have been the 2 best to me so far. Im looking forward to hearing kent austins as well.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm Does anyone know the practice schedule for this Friday (August 9th)? If not, how could I find out? I'll be leaving NJ about 5AM and arriving at LU around 11:30-would love to see the team work out.
Apparently Ballcoach can get you in. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 12:07 am Tempo of offense yesterday was fast and quick. Faster than last year. Overall practice was very organized. No time wasted . Players seem to have learned new system.
Ballcoach, are you already on your security detail to keep out the non-media types from closed practices? :boxing
Or did you claim to be part of the media yourself? :typing Or is this information from your "sources"? :oldhag
Several years ago, I "crashed" the Washington Redskins Training Camp, as "Media". I was on the sidelines with my camera and Media Guide.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: August 6th, 2019, 9:30 am
Several years ago, I "crashed" the Washington Redskins Training Camp, as "Media". I was on the sidelines with my camera and Media Guide.
So you’re a liar too?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:13 am
So you’re a liar too?
No, just creative.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 6th, 2019, 9:09 am
Dalegarz1 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm Does anyone know the practice schedule for this Friday (August 9th)? If not, how could I find out? I'll be leaving NJ about 5AM and arriving at LU around 11:30-would love to see the team work out.
Apparently Ballcoach can get you in. :lol:
ONLY if he is with his top "Source."
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:17 am
Class of 20Something wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:13 am

So you’re a liar too?
No, just creative.
That is typically what dishonest people say.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
The openness to the media and fans is so good for our program right now. Hearing coaches tell us the strengths and weaknesses of our team give us all something to talk about, and help us feel connected. If you are Alabama, you may not see this as the best philosophy in building a program, but here at LU HCHF's style is exactly what we need. We need more season ticket holders, more donors, and the Lynchburg community involved , possibly more than we need wins at this stage.

I love it, and think we accelerated our program upward trajectory by 10 years with the HCHF hire.

I may live to see the day LU plays in the NCAA Playoffs at this rate.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I love how specific Coach Freeze is with his injury reports. No more "upper body" and "lower body" injury reports. :nono
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As an :oldhag from time to time I find myself doing a double take when confronted with the realities of football in 2019. Discussing the DL in his presser, HCHF said that Elijah James "needs to put a little weight on". Elijah James weighs 295 pounds. :shock:
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]