Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Could Bud Foster's "retirement" at the end of the year from VT present an opportunity for LU to pick up another great talent for the football program? My thoughts are that Foster simply does not enjoy working under the new regime at VT. At 60 he's too young to hang it up. LU could provide an win-win for Foster/LU without him pulling up roots from the area. I'm sure he will get his share of HC opportunities if he so desires but he may not want to leave the area or give up football entirely. Saben has always been creative at Alabama in finding new positions/titles for available coaching talent.
I think he's already spoken for:

"The school added in its release that, 'upon the conclusion of the season Foster will continue to serve Virginia Tech Athletics in a new role reporting directly to Director of Athletics Whit Babcock similar to Frank Beamer, working as an ambassador for the program, in addition to focusing on special initiatives and other duties as assigned.'”

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those rankings.[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]