Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SoD BAS
Many of you may not recognize me as a poster, as I am a long-time viewer that does not often comment. However, I have some thoughts I’d like to share.

First, I’d like to lead with that I am in full support of full-time employment to as many people as possible and love the amount of people that LU is able to bring into Lynchburg.

Now that I got that out of the way, what is going on with the content that GameOnLU brings to social media? I absolutely, 100% enjoy what they can bring to the booth and sidelines during LU athletic events, but it’s crazy to me what they do during the other 5-6 months out of the year (outside of football and basketball season). The self-celebrity treatment created within those walls is so, so off-putting. As a consumer of Liberty Flames Athletics, I do not care to watch TV analysts play sports in their free time (which seems to often be during normal working hours :dontgetit ).

I’m not hating at all on the people and personalities within GameOn, but the content they choose to create.

Am I speaking for myself when I say.....Give us some dang LU Athletics content! You’re on site on a daily basis!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think they provide some great content.

Are you speaking of the spotlight they have been doing on some of the behind the scene staff? That stuff is fluff for sure, but gives them the opportunity to showcase people that go unnoticed. It is a nice touch, especially during the slow summer months.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not a ton of content available in the summer months as has been said. Im sure they will have something to say about Carson Waters and his outstanding finish at nationals
By R i
Registration Days Posts
We have fall camp, and today we got a 2 minute video of a few Game On Employees playing ninja games. Its beyond embarrassing sometimes.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I find the show pretty much unwatchable. Too many personal references and silly stuff, as mentioned. That carries over to the baseball announcing as well. Basketball is pretty good. Haven't heard football in a very long time, go to all the home games .
By SoD BAS
flameshaw wrote: August 7th, 2019, 5:59 pm That carries over to the baseball announcing as well. Basketball is pretty good. Haven't heard football in a very long time, go to all the home games .
Basketball commentating is great. It’s a good balance of PxP and knowledge on the color commentating side. Same with football. Baseball is really rough as it’s usually two PxP guys trying to figure out who is doing PxP throughout a 5 hour baseball game.

But yes. Fall camp is our bridge as sports fan from summer to the biggest sport in the country. We need as much coverage on that as possible.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]