Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Most of the public breakdowns show it was was 6.5 in product at UW. I understand what you are getting at and you make a good point about most of the value being in product. But there is still a ton of cash flowing around for athletic programs that have good basketball or football teams.

Adidas is retail cost, and Nike's is wholesale like you stated, so Adidas contracts are a little inflated.

How has Adidas been working down at GT ? Any blown out cleats or ripped pants with their 2019 stuff? I've heard horror stories.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: August 26th, 2019, 12:27 pm Most of the public breakdowns show it was was 6.5 in product at UW. I understand what you are getting at and you make a good point about most of the value being in product. But there is still a ton of cash flowing around for athletic programs that have good basketball or football teams.

Adidas is retail cost, and Nike's is wholesale like you stated, so Adidas contracts are a little inflated.

How has Adidas been working down at GT ? Any blown out cleats or ripped pants with their 2019 stuff? I've heard horror stories.
Nike is MSRP if its allotment money as well. only wholesale if the school is paying cash. as for adidas. I've been with them at two different schools and the only thing they haven't figured out yet. Much like when I was at a Nike school as well is Shipping. I don't think anyone has shipping down to a science yet. As for the product itself, We haven't had any issues so far.
By DestinationBass
Class of 20Something wrote: August 26th, 2019, 11:25 am Is it a gradient or is it a red chrome sticker?
It looks like a red chrome sticker to me too. Similar to what Troy had when they came to town.

I do agree that the eagle head is a little much, but I do like it on one helmet for something different from time to time.
By LUOrange
DestinationBass wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: August 26th, 2019, 11:25 am Is it a gradient or is it a red chrome sticker?
It looks like a red chrome sticker to me too. Similar to what Troy had when they came to town.

I do agree that the eagle head is a little much, but I do like it on one helmet for something different from time to time.
I liked the eagle hed on the red matte helmet only. Otherwise, I preferred the "LU" on the previous red, white, and blue helmets. Although, I would've preferred the more athletics branded "LU" with the eagle head above the "LU."
By gerb
is there going to be an official release or do we just need to keep an eye on twatter or failbook for more leaks?
By amar0819
gerb wrote:is there going to be an official release or do we just need to keep an eye on twatter or failbook for more leaks?
Ian said in his interview today that they will be releasing the new jerseys as the season goes "Thursday or Friday" before each game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With the season opener just a couple days away, I figured Id drop a little spot for the announcements of the uniform from the Liberty Equipment Twitter (or if anyone happens to catch word before they post it)
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:58 am With the season opener just a couple days away, I figured Id drop a little spot for the announcements of the uniform from the Liberty Equipment Twitter (or if anyone happens to catch word before they post it)
@BJWilliams Got it going on right here, bud!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looks like someone decided to merge my thread with this one
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote: August 28th, 2019, 10:51 am Looks like someone decided to merge my thread with this one
That was me. We would have three threads going about our 2019 uniforms if we didn't consolidate them. Rather than delete the redundant thread, I chose to merge it and tag you in the existing conversation. With all the increased traffic, and all the people that want to contribute it's important to keep things organized or the board becomes too cumbersome for newcomers to join.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's fair 20Something. Looking forward to seeing the first uniform combo of 2019
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know why we haven’t seen our primary logo on any football helmets since we rebranded? It’s been several years and we’ve never had it on a helmet. Seems odd.
By Class of 20Something
Liberty22 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 3:18 pm Anyone know why we haven’t seen our primary logo on any football helmets since we rebranded? It’s been several years and we’ve never had it on a helmet. Seems odd.
Generally for uniforms, the simpler the better. Could an 8 year old accurately draw your uniform from memory?

The Oregon ducks will never have a classic uniform. But Alabama, Penn State, and Texas all do.
By Jonathan Carone
Liberty22 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 3:18 pm Anyone know why we haven’t seen our primary logo on any football helmets since we rebranded? It’s been several years and we’ve never had it on a helmet. Seems odd.
It has too much detail to look great scaled down the way it would need to be onto a helmet. You'd either need just the eagle or just the LU.
By michaeleyou
Registration Days Posts
Never been big on the blue helmets, but I actually like this look. And, I suppose it becomes necessary to have that option when we play someone who also uses red as their primary uniform color.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: September 12th, 2019, 7:15 pm Best combo!
Couldn't disagree more.

The old jersey style looks cheap. Not, cheap inexpensive, but cheap, we didn't invest in a competent individual to design these.

The matte red looked good next to a large white sticker, but I think it's too much against the outline.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]