Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I'm fine with the team dressed down in the track suits. I prefer business casual but like Carone said, if the school isn't issuing it, don't require it.

I'd be fine with the team showing up in issued polos and khakis.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 4th, 2019, 12:53 pm Unless the team was issuing those clothes to the players, I’d have a problem requiring them to dress a certain way.
Why? Every kid that age needs a blue blazer for a host of reasons. Having a dress code is not a bad thing and having that expectation prior to a season does not make it an undue burden. That type of outfit can be had for the cost of a pair of designer sneakers or a medium sized tattoo. And benefit them more in life.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 4:05 pm Just what a player wants to do - worry about playing dress up before getting on team bus from hotel to locker room...
You mean taking a course of action to help reset your mind and begin to focus your thoughts to the task at hand? Yep heaven forbid they do that
By tyndal23
Loved BYU dark blue traditional uniforms - thought LU looked sharp on tv - really love the white helmet and white jersey. Wouldn’t hate it if we only wore white helmets every game.
By BlueBlood
tyndal23 wrote: November 10th, 2019, 9:23 pm Loved BYU dark blue traditional uniforms
Funny enough, BYU’s traditional uniforms were royal blue and white. They’ve only worn Penn State blue and white unis since 2005.
By BlueBlood
tyndal23 wrote: November 11th, 2019, 2:12 am Yes they wore the royal blue game before us and I don’t like them nearly as much but by traditional I meant “ old school”
Agreed. It’s a clean design.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Red Jersey
Blue Pants
White Helmet with a special "Bedford Boys" decal to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day
By SoD BAS
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm I know this is not specifically a uniform , but I didn't want to create another thread. What do you guys think of the athletes, especially in big time sports, having to dress up before a game? Navy blue blazer, khaki's and a collar shirt? I feel like it would make us look more serious and not some type of FCS type school anymore. We kind of look like a joke when we have our players looking like hobos and Amish folks (no offense to those people). We should be teaching these boys professional attire because this is a business. Just a thought.
*been a while since I’ve been on the forums*

But I believe the staffs mandate what players wear. It’s rare that college athletes are choosing what they wear in hotels, on/off the bus/plane/etc. I think it’s easy to pin “dressing down” on the athletes, but it’s usually coaching staff or equipment staff choosing those outfits.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
The new lids were cool, but our uniforms need a major make over. We cant go classic like Rocco, we cant go modern, as much as I was against it originally, I would like to see us be one of the Chrome, Huge Logo, Super Trendy 12 uniforms per season , teams. I think this fits our hype machine and nature of our school best.
By SoD BAS
R i wrote: December 5th, 2019, 3:28 pm The new lids were cool, but our uniforms need a major make over. We cant go classic like Rocco, we cant go modern, as much as I was against it originally, I would like to see us be one of the Chrome, Huge Logo, Super Trendy 12 uniforms per season , teams. I think this fits our hype machine and nature of our school best.
Big yikes from me dawg
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Lets face it, uniforms at LU have been a disaster for the last decade. Nothing sticks. Black unis for rocco were atrocious. The red lids looked pink on TV, the whites with blue masks look like eggs. The number of vertical and horizontal stripes on these current unis remind me of a boy scout uniform.

We need a make over. Not sure what it is, but Flashy and Hype are Liberty's middle names.

BTW, I just found out a coworker has two middle names today.
By Geraldos Mustache
No more red or white helmets. Please.
Dark blue helmets with the red LU and white outline is the best look.

Would also like to see dark blue jersey with white letters/numbers and red trim.

White pants with double blue and single red stripe with LU on the front hip.

Dark blue socks and shoes.
By BlueBird
A Sea of Red wrote: December 5th, 2019, 2:30 pm Which 2019 Liberty football uniform combo was your favorite?

https://www.aseaofred.com/which-2019-un ... ite-combo/
If y'all din't mind an opposing fan chiming in...

I think the best dark combo was blue helmet/jersey - white pants worn against New Mexico. The best light combo was the all-white at the NMSU/UMASS.

I think any of those that mix up the red and blue (Buffalo, Maine, NMSU) can be thrown in the trash!

I'm a little biased when you consider our style in uniforms, but the simpler the better imo.
LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 14th, 2019, 10:22 am I think the best dark combo was blue helmet/jersey - white pants worn against New Mexico. The best light combo was the all-white at the NMSU/UMASS.
Thanks for your input, BlueBird. :clapping It's always good to get a fresh prespective.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]