Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I've combined all the uniform threads to keep relevant discussion together and to keep the forums user friendly to our new users. In that vein this thread will both serve for our weekly uniform combinations and for other football uniform discussion.

That leads me to SDSUs helmets. Can we get a heat wave in this style with the LU logo embedded? This is beautiful.
By CCWMichael
LU going tribal?
Scripture may look cool if done tribal style.
I am not a fan of then Blue tops at home but this combo works but for one caveat ----- those generic sleeves.
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote: September 12th, 2019, 9:17 pm LU going tribal?
Scripture may look cool if done tribal style.
I am not a fan of then Blue tops at home but this combo works but for one caveat ----- those generic sleeves.
The sleeves are so bad.

Not the tribal aspect, but the subtle red on red as the heat waves of a mirage.
By cruzan_flame13
I can agree to have some tradition in our style, but not an fcs cheap looking style like those blue tops/jerseys. We need to move on with better designs to help getting more prospects attention. This is the new interest of prospects for the most part. I’m not saying to go the route like Oregon either. 20something’s helmet idea is a good one. I also discussed about a helmet as described and it would look great in light and tv.
By tyndal23
Agree - cheap and way too busy. White helmet with blue Jersey ONLY and never blue jersey with red pants - ugh. - and as much as i dislike blue helmet - actually looked good last week with white /white blue sock combo.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:31 pm
TH Spangler wrote: September 12th, 2019, 7:15 pm Best combo!
Couldn't disagree more.

The old jersey style looks cheap. Not, cheap inexpensive, but cheap, we didn't invest in a competent individual to design these.

The matte red looked good next to a large white sticker, but I think it's too much against the outline.
Isn't this the combo we wore in Boone a couple of years ago 8)
By LUOrange
I like this style blue jersey and its' red and white counterparts that were discarded and the matching pants. To me the new reds and whites are pretty generic, but they don't look bad. Again, I do not like the solid red sticker on the white helmet and the white outline LU sticker. I don't know what was wrong with the LU stickers like that's on the blue helmet, and I alike the red matte helmet with the eagle head (I didn't like the white one). At this point, I know I'm whining, but since y'all brought it up...
By CCWMichael
Just as an FYI,
This is a football board and we are discussing outfits!

As long as we have a strong red presence for road games I am happy.
Be Early, Be Loud, Wear Red.
I just could not fathom white, blue, white at home.
By tyndal23
I actually do like the LU on the red helmet - wasn’t so sure when I saw 1st pic - but looks tight on TV and still pics. The white helmet with red LU looks really good on TV but not so hot from far away in the stands. Not a fan of stripes on any of our pants - think no strip with LU eagle logo on hip would look good - now back to breaking down UNM ( still real worried about this one - cant shake it )...
By chris leedlelee
I thought we would debut new blue jerseys this year. The old blue jersey seems out of place with an updated white and red jersey. Maybe Hugh Freeze will have an Ole Miss blue jersey in the works for next year?? Something has to be behind the decision to keep the old blue jersey.
By tyndal23
chris leedlelee wrote: September 26th, 2019, 9:45 pm I thought we would debut new blue jerseys this year. The old blue jersey seems out of place with an updated white and red jersey. Maybe Hugh Freeze will have an Ole Miss blue jersey in the works for next year?? Something has to be behind the decision to keep the old blue jersey.
Ian stated in an interview we upgrade 1 per year - red was last year, white this year - so the blue is a hodgepodge ( spelling bj- should that be a runon or a 2 words ? ) when you adjust the new red or white pants - stuck with old blue helmet and or jersey....
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: September 26th, 2019, 9:57 pm
chris leedlelee wrote: September 26th, 2019, 9:45 pm I thought we would debut new blue jerseys this year. The old blue jersey seems out of place with an updated white and red jersey. Maybe Hugh Freeze will have an Ole Miss blue jersey in the works for next year?? Something has to be behind the decision to keep the old blue jersey.
Ian stated in an interview we upgrade 1 per year - red was last year, white this year - so the blue is a hodgepodge ( spelling bj- should that be a runon or a 2 words ? ) when you adjust the new red or white pants - stuck with old blue helmet and or jersey....
One word tyndal.

As long as we don't try anything like what Wisconsin and Northwestern are doing today, I'm fine with it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: October 5th, 2019, 7:04 pm?

(I couldnt find a great pic of the northwestern uniform from last week)
By tyndal23
The all whites are the only road combo we should ever use - love them. Sorry Carone - the red LU with no outline on the helmet looks fantastic.
By Jonathan Carone
The all whites are by far the best look we’ve had on the road. I still think the logo needs that stroke to look it’s best but even in its current form, that’s a great combo.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Blue helmet
Red jersey
Blue pants

vs. Maine for Homecomiong
By cruzan_flame13
I know this is not specifically a uniform , but I didn't want to create another thread. What do you guys think of the athletes, especially in big time sports, having to dress up before a game? Navy blue blazer, khaki's and a collar shirt? I feel like it would make us look more serious and not some type of FCS type school anymore. We kind of look like a joke when we have our players looking like hobos and Amish folks (no offense to those people). We should be teaching these boys professional attire because this is a business. Just a thought.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]