Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Let us go with just starters and let us assume Malik Willis will not get a waiver from the NCAA. Also, assume Robert Washington is eligible and on the team.

Offense:

LT - Maisen Knight
LG - Dontae Duff
C - Thomas Sargeant
RG - Ethan Crawford
RT - Tristan Schultz
TE - Johnny Huntley
WR1 - AGG
WR2 - DJ Stubbs
WR3 - Damian King
QB - Buckshot
RB - Frankie Hickson

Defense:

DE - Jessie Lemonier
DE - Austin Lewis
DT - Elijah James
NG - William Green
LB - Solomon Ajayi
LB - Malik Caper
DB - Bejour Wilson
DB - Emmanuel Dabney
S - Isaac Steele
S - Javon Scruggs
DB - Tayvion Land
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Think your close other than king at other outside. Hes inside guy as is stubbs. Would guess coleman or shaa on outside. Stubbs/king will he interesting to watch as will sibley. I could see mack at rb too. Only other ? Is steele. I didnt see the speed from him you need to be the cf last year. Good tackler but i could see him being overtaken.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 5:36 pm Think your close other than king at other outside. Hes inside guy as is stubbs. Would guess coleman or shaa on outside. Stubbs/king will he interesting to watch as will sibley. I could see mack at rb too. Only other ? Is steele. I didnt see the speed from him you need to be the cf last year. Good tackler but i could see him being overtaken.
Lots of competition for the second outside WR spot, but I expect HF to rotate at least 6 or 7 receivers, so it won't be a huge deal who starts. I think King will play some on the outside. This isn't Joe Daley offensive football, where you never fool anyone, so your wideouts aren't getting a lot of separation and you need 2 guys who are great on the 50/50 ball like AGG and Farrow. I like Stubbs in the slot, even though Lewis, Douglas and King are all probably more explosive. (Sibley has been moved to RB). DJ is tough and versatil, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him line up at QB and run the RPO on occasion.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:10 pm It will be fun trying to do a depth chart prediction at running back.
IMHO right now trying to say who will get the carries at RB is a total crap shoot. I don't think HF has any preconceived order, and it will be earned in training camp, with competition probably continuing well into the season. I expect at least 3 backs to get meaningful carries early on.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree with oldflame. Hickson is the experienced bellcow coming back from last year, Pickett is the guy between the tackles, Mack comes in with a lot of hype after sitting out last year, Henderson is getting his first taste after redshirting, Boyd showed flashes in his limited action...and then adding in the freshmen and redshirts from last year, it might take all of camp and the first couple games to really hash out a two-deep at the position. My guess it will be whoever can show adeptness at playmaking in Coach Freeze's style of uptempo offense
By Ewglenn
BJWilliams wrote: July 24th, 2019, 9:35 am I agree with oldflame. Hickson is the experienced bellcow coming back from last year, Pickett is the guy between the tackles, Mack comes in with a lot of hype after sitting out last year, Henderson is getting his first taste after redshirting, Boyd showed flashes in his limited action...and then adding in the freshmen and redshirts from last year, it might take all of camp and the first couple games to really hash out a two-deep at the position. My guess it will be whoever can show adeptness at playmaking in Coach Freeze's style of uptempo offense
Mack is my pick to get most yds this year.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I had a hard time predicting frankie as the starter simply because of the hype with Mack and IF Robert Washington is as good as advertised then he could come in and steal the show. I am biased towards Frankie because he is a Lynchburg guy and he did put up over 1,000 yards last year.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]