Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ESPN FOOTBALL POWER INDEX PROJECTS LIBERTY TO WIN 5.6 GAMES IN 2019
A Sea of Red wrote:ESPN’s Football Power Index has ranked Liberty as #114 out of 130 FBS programs entering the 2019 season, the Flames’ first as a full-fledged member of college football’s top classification.
Seems pretty accurate to me. There are so many unknowns with this team that this just seems like a fair assessment.

Thoughts?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know he will probably have an impact but at this point we don't really know how that will translate in our first year. On top of that we still aren't stocked with a full FBS roster. It'll be an interesting season and I am looking forward to it.
By Class of 20Something
I think it's a little assessment for our talent and recent results. This team did beat Troy last year.

I don't think FPI can account for HCHF but I absolutely think it makes a difference.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
FPI has us 114 and Orlando news paper had us in the low 90s. HCHF will make an impact.
By tyndal23
HF Arkansas State 1 year brilliant success was AFTER he was OC for a year there and had already installed his offense. No question he can make tweaks that old staff wouldn’t, but how smart and quickly will our O pick up and execute a new system - we definitely have the talent on that side of the ball - as long as they don’t try and overdo it from a playbook standpoint ( which HF said they actually did last week of Spring - he claimed he threw to much at them and everyone was thinking instead of playing ) - I think we have a a shot at starting 2-1 in those first 3 games. I really think our D is going to be much improved ( at least early in the season - they may get worn down last 4 games) Special Teams should be much, much better and give us a chance to hang with a couple of the P5’s, plus win the games like Louisiana and Buffalo. The few times our D played solid in stretches (Troy and ODU aside ) our O wouldn’t come through or throw a bad interception - and special teams were just flat out rude. Not buying over 7-5 just yet until I see em play, but I do think there are some quick fixes to a lot of the problems we had.
By Ewglenn
tyndal23 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 11:27 pm HF Arkansas State 1 year brilliant success was AFTER he was OC for a year there and had already installed his offense. No question he can make tweaks that old staff wouldn’t, but how smart and quickly will our O pick up and execute a new system - we definitely have the talent on that side of the ball - as long as they don’t try and overdo it from a playbook standpoint ( which HF said they actually did last week of Spring - he claimed he threw to much at them and everyone was thinking instead of playing ) - I think we have a a shot at starting 2-1 in those first 3 games. I really think our D is going to be much improved ( at least early in the season - they may get worn down last 4 games) Special Teams should be much, much better and give us a chance to hang with a couple of the P5’s, plus win the games like Louisiana and Buffalo. The few times our D played solid in stretches (Troy and ODU aside ) our O wouldn’t come through or throw a bad interception - and special teams were just flat out rude. Not buying over 7-5 just yet until I see em play, but I do think there are some quick fixes to a lot of the problems we had.
Idk where I read it but the year HF took over the offense there they improved dramatically. I think even broke school records.
Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in fa[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]