Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ATrain wrote: July 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm We got season tickets!
Don't you live in Baltimore now?
Cider Jim wrote: July 20th, 2019, 11:18 pm
ATrain wrote: July 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm We got season tickets!
Don't you live in Baltimore now?
Unfortunately yes, but fortunately my parents are within easy driving distance, and its not much further to Liberty from their place.
I love how this is setting up:

Dino Babers talks about how tough of a game we will be for them due to no film and Hugh Freeze's offensive genius.

Syracuse comes in preseason ranked #22 in coaches poll.

Freeze's comeback season has been dubbed the redemption tour.

WR coach/ co-OC Maurice Harris was quotes on Light Em Up podcast saying, "I really like how we match up against their defensive backfield"

Explain to me if there is a better way to shock the nation in week 1 then beating Syracuse! Whether it happens or not, we are 29 days away!!!
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 10:53 am I love how this is setting up:

Dino Babers talks about how tough of a game we will be for them due to no film and Hugh Freeze's offensive genius.

WR coach/ co-OC Maurice Harris was quotes on Light Em Up podcast saying, "I really like how we match up against their defensive backfield"

Explain to me if there is a better way to shock the nation in week 1 then beating Syracuse! Whether it happens or not, we are 29 days away!!!
Syracuse is getting a bit of love. Listening to Doug Gottlieb on Fox later part of last week while riding to store. Topic got on who is underrated this year. Guest (sorry, did not catch his name) started making a case that Syracuse should be ranked around 15th.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 10:53 am I love how this is setting up:

FWIW ... I had a dream last evening we beat Syracuse 20-0.
What a good feeling dream!
Old Red wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm Ballcoach, serious question for you. What have we done to earn having Game Day here for our opener?
Hugh Freeze
First season FBS (full membership)
Ranked opponent coming to town
LU facilities
First Power 5 school to play in Williams Stadium
They go to one FCS campus a year and it is typically a matchup between top FCS programs. If you put your personal bias aside for a second, you'd see that is why they went there.

It's opening weekend, there is no way they go anywhere but a P5 location. Probably one of the kick off nutetral sites.

I'd love for our game to get picked up, that seems way more realistic.
No it's not. It may have helped. But it wasn't the reason.

Regardless, gameday is not coming to Liberty and I don't think it is a slight against us in the slightest. Opening week is always reserved for the major programs of the world.

But the storylines going into this game are great. I can't wait for it to unfold.
LUOrange wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:08 pm If Freeze does what we expect him to do and he sticks around, I could see Game Day coming in 2022 when we how BYU or VA Tech. Unfortunately, we don't host any marquee games after Syracuse until then.
Agreed completely on that. It is just too early in our FBS tenure to entertain hosting gameday. I'm sure it'll happen someday but the Syracuse game isn't it.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]