Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ballcoach15 wrote: August 4th, 2019, 1:43 pm Actually reason they went to JMU was some ESPN employee gradulated from JMU
The fact that you threw that out there with zero actual evidence kills the minuscule amount of credibility you may have
Last edited by BJWilliams on August 5th, 2019, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15 wrote: August 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Old Red wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm Ballcoach, serious question for you. What have we done to earn having Game Day here for our opener?
Hugh Freeze
First season FBS (full membership)
Ranked opponent coming to town
LU facilities
First Power 5 school to play in Williams Stadium
Brah, we have not even sold out yet ........
BJWilliams wrote: August 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 4th, 2019, 1:43 pm Actually reason they went to JMU was some ESPN employee gradulated from JMU
The fact that you threw that out there with zero actual evidence kills the minuscule amount of credibility you may have
Gameday Producer, Lee Fitting was a JMU Alum.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on August 5th, 2019, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
well you could have included that information in your comment instead of throwing it out there like you did. Like another commenter said, it probably played a small part in the decision but I doubt it was the sole reason they chose JMU for that particular week.
ballcoach15 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 9:38 am
BJWilliams wrote: August 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm
Gameday Producer, Lee Fitting was a JMU Alum.
And?
Does anyone know if Syracuse has their DBs play one side or if they follow assignments? They have one CB starting that is only 5'11". The other is a 6'3" Sophomore. Both of their Safeties are 6'0" as well giving us a bit of a height advantage. Even though the 5'11" CB is a senior I feel like AGG could really make life difficult on him. Also interesting note, they don't have one DL starter (and only one on the two-deep) weighing in at 300lbs. If our run game gets going and we are able to go straight at them rather than letting them use their quickness we could work up a bit of momentum.
For all you Gameday Dreamers...In the last 15 seasons Gameday has visited a Non-Power 5 school (excluding their typical FCS visits and Military Academies) a total of 5 times. It would be one heck of an outlier if they came to the mountain anytime soon.
Western Michigan vs Buffalo
Notre Dame vs Temple
Houston vs SMU
Boise St. vs Oregon St.
TCU vs BYU
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 7th, 2019, 1:04 pm Does anyone know if Syracuse has their DBs play one side or if they follow assignments? They have one CB starting that is only 5'11". The other is a 6'3" Sophomore. Both of their Safeties are 6'0" as well giving us a bit of a height advantage. Even though the 5'11" CB is a senior I feel like AGG could really make life difficult on him. Also interesting note, they don't have one DL starter (and only one on the two-deep) weighing in at 300lbs. If our run game gets going and we are able to go straight at them rather than letting them use their quickness we could work up a bit of momentum.
SU defense struggles against the run. They have expressed concerns regarding his. If AGG has learned how to overcome hand-checks off the line, he will be a force against them. AGG does have film that SU can study. I really hope he's got this under control!!!
LibertyD wrote: August 7th, 2019, 9:58 pm
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 7th, 2019, 1:04 pm Does anyone know if Syracuse has their DBs play one side or if they follow assignments? They have one CB starting that is only 5'11". The other is a 6'3" Sophomore. Both of their Safeties are 6'0" as well giving us a bit of a height advantage. Even though the 5'11" CB is a senior I feel like AGG could really make life difficult on him. Also interesting note, they don't have one DL starter (and only one on the two-deep) weighing in at 300lbs. If our run game gets going and we are able to go straight at them rather than letting them use their quickness we could work up a bit of momentum.
SU defense struggles against the run. They have expressed concerns regarding his. If AGG has learned how to overcome hand-checks off the line, he will be a force against them. AGG does have film that SU can study. I really hope he's got this under control!!!
Auburn game was like watching men play against boys. None of our receivers were getting off the line. Thankfully, Syracuse defense is not on the level of Auburn. However, I'm sure HF is working on schemes to neutralize and burn aggressive physical defenses.
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 7th, 2019, 2:50 pm For all you Gameday Dreamers...In the last 15 seasons, Gameday has visited a Non-Power 5 school (excluding their typical FCS visits and Military Academies) a total of 5 times. It would be one heck of an outlier if they came to the mountain anytime soon.
Western Michigan vs Buffalo
Notre Dame vs Temple
Houston vs SMU
Boise St. vs Oregon St.
TCU vs BYU
Western Michigan was undefeated, Temple...well it's Notre Dame for starters and Temple was undefeated at the time as well. Boise State was #3 in the nation at the time they hosted Gameday. Houston was undefeated at the time they played SMU . and BYU was 6-1 while TCU was undefeated. While I at one point loved the idea of Gameday coming to Lynchburg for this matchup, it doesn't have a significant drawing factor to it. If Syracuse was a top 10 team to open the year, for instance, there would be a bit more to offer

Looking at future schedules, barring something significant beforehand, the soonest I could see them coming to Lynchburg is 2022 when VT comes to town, and Tech just doesn't have the appeal they did in their 5 appearances over 9 seasons so unless both are undefeated at the time, even that might be a longshot
I should have explained....I worked part time at a brewery last year and convinced the owner to let me stream the Auburn game and invited a few Alumni from Charlotte to come watch....The owner still makes fun of me for walking in with my Firestick to stream the game.....Home is no big deal...But grabbing a bite or drink is annoying to know it wont be on a single tv..the Army game was such a tease of what could be
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]