Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 30th, 2019, 11:04 am We are gonna get really close to a sell out. I saw a facebook post in the last 30 minutes that said there are now limited tickets instead of the 300 mentioned. I could have read it wrong, but it looks like the rest of the tickets are going quick and I expect walk-ups tomorrow to get the remaining.

By the way, if you guys have been following twitter at all leading up to the game then you have seen a Syracuse fan with the twitter handle: #SmashLiberty. I really want us to win or keep it within 14 points to shut this cat up. It's one thing to talk smack but the crap spewing from his mouth has been straight vile at times. (Rant over).

By the way, Scott Van Pelt on his show just took us to cover the spread.
Looks like more than that left on the seat map?
The LU culture hasn't changed that much. There is always a large walk up in ticket sales because there are a ton of ballcoach type fans who got use to free tickets. It will take a while for that to change. That and getting the residence of Lynchburg to support liberty athletics. Both are factors.

With that said, it'll sell out.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 26th, 2019, 11:12 pm Just to stir the pot and have some fun:

Dino Babers is 1-4 when he coaches against the team's first FBS team on the schedule. The only win came last year at WMU 55-42. Oh, and it was 41-35 late with a 1:56 left in the third quarter.

We are FBS and I firmly believe our offensive fire-power and coaching are better than WMU last year. Also as it has been noted, NO ERIC DUNGEY. Against WMU last year he threw for 184 and 2 TD's and ran for a TD and 200 yards!!! Devito is not even close to the runner that Dungey was.

5 more days fellas till I take a victory drink of orange juice 8)
How’s that orange juice?
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]