Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Most interesting statistic in the article:
In Freeze’s first signing class at Liberty, he inked 10 three-star prospects, per the 247Sports Composite. That’s twice as many as Gill signed during his entire tenure.
By Ethall15
Registration Days Posts
The fact that we were in the Top 25 in Passes of 20 yards or more per game, Sack Rate (meaning giving up fewest sacks) and a few other offensive categories is what impresses me the most. Yes BC faded down the stretch, but look at the competition we faced in the final 5-6 games of the year. BC is only going to improve with HF... the question has always been the defense and BC's consistency. Give BC the benefit of the doubt, as he played his first year against FBS competition.... and had 3,000 yards passing. Come on that is impressive.

Getting to the defense, if we can get consistent pressure on the QB and fill up the holes of the run defense then this team could easily win 7+ games. The games at this point I am firmly putting as a loss until proven otherwise are Syracuse (toss up because of first game of HF era), BYU and UVA. I honestly think all of the other games are winnable, but I am also a realist.

I would be happy with a 7-5 season and a potential bowl game.
By LUDad
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 9th, 2019, 2:20 pm I think the question going into this year with Calvert is less his consistency and more if he can pick up the offense and make the reads he needs to quickly.
Precisely, not only does he need to make the reads quickly, but he also needs to make the correct read. All the defenses will be stunting to confuse him. Knock on Auburn OQ was that he made wrong reads. We certainly have the backs and receivers who can win the one on ones the HF system creates but it all starts with the QB.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]