Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Probably not the last announcement like this we will hear in the next few years. There are several other schools who are struggling to meet the financial demands of D1 athletics and compete on the field/court. As far as Liberty is concerned, accepting a conference USA invite would probably have been a no-brainer a couple of years ago. Now? Not so much, and I would think the huge buy-in we offered a few years ago is certainly off the board.
Last edited by olldflame on May 30th, 2019, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BlueBlood
What's posted on CSNBBS has to be independently verified. The folks there have made a game out of creating fake stories.
By TexanMark
BlueBlood wrote:What's posted on CSNBBS has to be independently verified. The folks there have made a game out of creating fake stories.
Exactly... I'm getting tired of the games they play over there
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is an easy story to believe considering the current landscape of college athletics so I can understand why you were quick to believe it.
By LUOrange
I'd believe that most 1-A programs would drop to 1-AA or even the Pioneer League, before I believed they'd drop to D-2 or D-3. And Idaho's been the only one to drop back down, so there's that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote:I'd believe that most 1-A programs would drop to 1-AA or even the Pioneer League, before I believed they'd drop to D-2 or D-3. And Idaho's been the only one to drop back down, so there's that.
UAB gave it a shot. But went a step further. They may have had the right idea in the long run despite their short term success
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote:
LUOrange wrote:I'd believe that most 1-A programs would drop to 1-AA or even the Pioneer League, before I believed they'd drop to D-2 or D-3. And Idaho's been the only one to drop back down, so there's that.
UAB gave it a shot. But went a step further. They may have had the right idea in the long run despite their short term success
Yeah, I didn't think of any of the schools that dropped football entirely. Such as Hofstra, ETSU (temporarily), and UAB (real briefly).
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]