Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As we go into the last couple NCAA championships of the year for Liberty (Baseball and Track and Field), my mind turned to the 2019 football season, and someone commented about how they were looking forward to SBC and AGG lighting it up one more time.

I did some quick number crunching and here is where Buckshot stands on the top 5 in the major statistical categories

Passing Yards
SBC- 8,362 (through 2018 season)
All Time Record- Josh Woodrum (2012-2015) 10,266 Yards
Gap to record- 1,904 Yards

Total Offense
SBC- 8,040 Yards
All Time Record- Josh Woodrum 10,690 Yards
Gap to record- 2,650 Yards

Edited to remove passing touchdowns because he already passed that record
Last edited by BJWilliams on May 27th, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Old Red
I thought Buckshot got the passing touchdown record during the final game of the 2018 season. I must have been confusing that with some other record. Single season maybe?
Last edited by Old Red on May 27th, 2019, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I believe that was the single season record (also held by Justino if memory serves)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, if you have a little time on your hands, could you also list how many yards/TDs that Buckshot got in each of those categories last year (2018)?

That way, we could see how realistic it might be that he breaks some of those records this fall.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:BJ, if you have a little time on your hands, could you also list how many yards/TDs that Buckshot got in each of those categories last year (2018)?

That way, we could see how realistic it might be that he breaks some of those records this fall.
Easy peezy Cider:

2018 numbers
Passing Yards 3,068 Yards
Passing Touchdowns 21
Total Offense- 2,922 Yards (-146 Yards Rushing mostly due to all the sack yardage)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's another way to look at it

To break the passing yards record, he has to average 158.6 yards per game over 12 games. To break the passing TDs record. he has to average 1.6 TDs per game. To break the total offense record will probably be on the strength of his passing because he has to average 220.8 yards of total offense per game (and stay on his feet a lot more)
By FlamesRise
BJWilliams wrote:I believe that was the single season record (also held by Justino if memory serves)
Buckshot passed Justino with 65 total career TD passes toward the end of the season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Nice catch Flames rise...I messed up on the math for the TDs. He still has work to do for the passing yards and total offense records
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]