Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: July 17th, 2019, 9:25 am Vegas has set the win total at 5.5, I am working on getting a home equity loan to take the over in a big way.
Can we take care of business in the five games we will be favorites ? Will we win one of the four games that will be toss ups?

YES!, and here are the top three reasons why.

1) Hugh Freeze is a brilliant game planner with a good record in year one.
2) Buckshot and AGG are in their senior campaign and have played together for 3 seasons. They will be a deadly combo.
3) New Defensive coordinator: We have play makers, I think the new system will really be a game changer on D.

Favorites :
Hampton
New Mexico
New Mexico State
New Mexico State
Maine

Toss Ups :
UMASS
Louisiana
Buffalo
Rutgers

Slight Chance :
BYU
Syracuse

No Chance :
Virginia

Projected 2019 Record: 7-5 (or better)
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: July 17th, 2019, 11:24 am This is just me, but I would put UMASS in the favorites column. Most if not all College Football preview magazines have us rated higher than UMASS.

I also think by the time we get to the buffalo game we will be favored to win.
I agree with your assessment on UMass . Andy Isabella isn't walking back through that door.
chris leedlelee wrote: July 17th, 2019, 4:30 pm Our secondary in the UMass game made Andy Isabella seem like the second coming of Randy Moss.

44 days!!!!
Hoping Buckshot has a great year under new coaching.
AGG should be a stud allowing the rest of our O to go.
In college ball it can be 1, "1", (1), player that sets a team apart.
Hoping Mack turns out to be the next Earl Campbell .. A head of steam and a beast to stop.
The D up front should be solid and much improved aiding the secondary. Bet we play tight coverage this year in the secondary.
A new year and high hopes!
Going bowling or bust .... well, almost bust but
GOING BOWLING!
From ACC Meetings yesterday:

Q. One of the biggest games, most anticipated in program history, is week three against Clemson. Those first two games, as a coach, how do you make your team focus on the first opponents?

DINO BABERS: We don't even speak about it. The way you guys go straight to the third game, I don't even think that way. Our opening opponent is Liberty University. Coach Hugh Freeze does a fantastic job on offense. Transfers coming back in there. We don't have any tape to watch, to be able to watch how they play. It's going to be a very, very difficult game for us at their place.

Then we turn around and play a very fine Maryland team with very good personnel. It will be the first year there with Coach Locksley. He's been in big games before, being the offensive coordinator at Alabama. We're going to have our hands filled with that, as well.

If we're lucky enough to get through those two games, then we'll get to our third game, which will be our season opener in the ACC Atlantic. They all count at one, whether you win or lose. Therefore, every one of those games are a big game to us, regardless of who we're playing.
I don't know when preseason practice starts but it's got to be somewhere in between August 2nd and August 5th. Media Day for us is August 4th and all I have to say is, "it's coming!!!"

I listened to a random sports podcast (you can find it on youtube too) today and they spent 5 minutes talking about Liberty. One of the hosts made a clutch comment, "Hugh Freeze will be the best coach on the sideline". I would echo that comment and add that his ability as a coach has to be worth a couple more wins than your average coach. The same host I quoted also predicted them to go 8-4.
Got GA for season tickets. However, for the Syracuse game we are East side, front row, about the 15-20 yard line (south end). We normally try to sit there during home games & got the same thing secured for this one.
I won’t be surprised if my wife decides reserved seats are worth the extra cost starting next year.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
East side, 40 yard line.

If you walk in Gate 4 (closest to the IPF) you go through a tunnel and you are at the seats. Great access to the concessions as well.
Four season tickets on the west side, section 203.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]