Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

The one call that I don't want to see repeated is going for it on 4th down inside our own 30 in the third quarter. :nono
I thought I was jaded, haha.

I didn't answer my own question so I will do so now.

I am really looking forward to 2 things: #1 I am looking forward to a fresh start with a brand new coaching staff and seeing how the returning players respond. It'll be an interesting ride to track. #2 I am looking forward to hosting a top 25 school in our stadium! That is something I did not think we would see at the Bill for many years and it'll be interesting to see how we match up with Syracuse. If that game does not break attendance records then I am not sure what that says about our program but it doesn't say anything good.
I'm excited about the possibility of actually reaching a bowl game. The prestige of the actual bowl wouldn't even matter to me. Simply making one sets a new, exciting benchmark for the program. Plus, how great would it be for our players who were recruited to a FCS program and never knew that this would become a possibility?
As a Virginia native, & current resident, I also look forward to the day when folks start thinking of LU as legit competition to UVA & Tech. We've got a ways to go, but it starts here in '19.
When I lived in FL, you had your Gator & Seminole fans but everyone took Miami seriously. Even though they hated them. I can see LU taking a similar role in the future. We'll have our fans & haters, but everyone will know you've got to respect the play of the team.
Last edited by Old Red on May 23rd, 2019, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:The one call that I don't want to see repeated is going for it on 4th down inside our own 30 in the third quarter. :nono
Down by 7 as well. That was the call that should've sealed his fate.
No one complained when it worked at Baylor with a lead - and people forget what our net punting stats were last year we somehow beat Troy with 2 punts less than 10 yards- I had no problem going for it - big problem with throwing it when we needed a foot.
Last edited by tyndal23 on May 23rd, 2019, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cider Jim wrote:The one call that I don't want to see repeated is going for it on 4th down inside our own 30 in the third quarter. :nono
I’m still ok with that call. Saw it made a handful of times by other teams during the season
Taking my oldest son to a football game this fall...something I have wanted to do for a while. The last game he went to was the fall after he turned 1
thepostman wrote:I think that was a backhanded invite.

I'll take it ;)

Add that to the list of things to be excited about! haha
I’ll “wave” as the Reaper flies over
Now that Opening Night is next month, I will participate in the anticipation.

I am most excited about something new and fresh. I loved Rocco, but I think he plateaued before his departure. There was a sense of, "we love this guy, but can he get us THERE". Then came HCTG, who is arguably one of the most incredible men in college football. However, he piqued early and retired with a VERY stagnant and underwhelming program on the field. Insert Freeze, who is possibly the highest profile football coach Liberty will ever have on the Mountain. As my good friend once said, "the ceiling is the roof" for Liberty football under Freeze.

Liberty is in a truly unique position, which makes me squirm it may be too good to be true. The new, fresh, exciting and revitalized state of the football program has me pumped up for Aug 31st and the 2019 season. I cannot wait to see Williams Stadium over capacity and feel the energy of our passionate school/fanbase. It will be a historic night, and one we will never forget. This brings hope. The hope that Liberty football will be chomping on the heels of Liberty basketball. The cynic in me is skeptical how long it (Freeze) will last (before getting his SEC gig). But I have never been more excited for a new season and new era to begin. There is a tide turning within the Liberty University athletic program - dare I say a tide rising?

Many of us have dreamed about the day that Liberty football would be relevant and debates would ensue on how we would define "relevant". Liberty football has never been more relevant than it is right now. There will be a different energy in behind the gates on August 31st, and the Freeze era will undoubtedly produce something Liberty has never seen before. I cannot wait to see it happen from section 105, GO FLAMES!
Last edited by LUnpretty11 on July 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm wondering if there is anyway to make the astroturf above the south endzone available for overflow seating. Everyone says that it's too steep, but can something be done quickly to provide additional seating there?
Cider Jim wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm I'm wondering if there is anyway to make the astroturf above the south endzone available for overflow seating. Everyone says that it's too steep, but can something be done quickly to provide additional seating there?
Have we sold that many tickets yet?

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]