Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I also wonder, if all the seats for the Syracuse game are reserved...if that's the case, maybe Liberty could into renting those led light wristbands like they use at the San Jose Sharks games. It kindof turns the crowd into a coordinated light show. Just to use during breaks and timeouts. These are all just ideas I'm throwing out. :)
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
In addition. I know we have Sparky. I think it would be cool to have a secondary mascot for the night games. I'm imagining some kind of suit made up of fans, silk, and led lights that looked like a ball of fire with Googly eyes. And use the Ring of Fire music when he dances.
jimflamesfan wrote:Or maybe we could invite a different fire crew to each game...and they bring a fire truck and use their siren right before the game starts?
Don't want to put the flames out before the game ..... maybe a post game event after wins :lol:
Why has no one mentioned this as an idea? It would be awesome!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

* I’m kinda proud of myself for figuring the new YouTube thing out
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not much on "Bells and Whistles" or "Dog & Pony" Shows, but I'd like to see Sparky on a Harley, lead team onto field.
What’s the significance of a Harley?
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:Why has no one mentioned this as an idea? It would be awesome!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

* I’m kinda proud of myself for figuring the new YouTube thing out
YES!
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not much on "Bells and Whistles" or "Dog & Pony" Shows, but I'd like to see Sparky on a Harley, lead team onto field.
Ballcoach is s big fan of union labor?
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Ballcoach is s big fan of union labor?
Well he is a left wing liberal :lol:
By tyndal23
Ha - didn’t know UVA did that. Maybe we pay a big band to custom write a song - 3 chords, ( flames, fire, burn , whatever ) like the James Bond series does. We get lifetime rights with no ASCAP BMI fees and they get royalties .
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
I'm only going to say this once.

We
Are
Not
UVA
Maybe not, but I'd still like to see Sparky ride into the stadium on a horse, like Cav Man, maybe towing a Liberty Bell on wheels or with a flame thrower attached to his back!
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Thunderstruck AC/DC please...
I'm only going to say this once.

We
Are
Not
UVA
What a waste of a great song on them - did a YouTube search on some of their entrances - their crowd is awful - ( granted it was a couple years old when they stunk and maybe the crowds are bigger, but still - definitely not a VT entrance ).
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I said this before but I think that Ladies and Gentlemen (Welcome to the Show) by Saliva could become "our song" for the team entrance and hype video.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Torch lighting a caldron. Don't understand why that would not be considered? Would be very cool and a great honor for the person who gets to light it. I know it is an Olympic thing, but is only seen every 2-4 years. Not many people watch them anymore anyway. Would certainly be unique in the college world. Light em up.
By tyndal23
flameshaw wrote:
amar0819 wrote:Whatever happened to that big fire bowl that was going to be on the roof of the main entrance??? Would be awesome to light that up prior to each start!
+1
Ballcoach was supposed to be getting to the bottom of this - flames should be on all the time - would look great on campus. Might have been a safety issue/ insurance / terrorist (not gas tanks at entrance next to road ) type thing - very disappointed they didn’t get installed...
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Couldn't they still have the big bowls at the stadium that look like they are on fire without actually being on fire? The concession stand show sell some kind of really hot sauce to go with the fries. Call them fire fries or something like that.

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those rankings.[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]