Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:The music is ok, but they are not going to play what I want anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
I will say the band is HORRIBLE and has been since 1973, (or when we first had one). We can do a whole lot better IMHO. There has been no improvement in last 20 years anyway.
The Macy's folks would disagree with you. So would the New York Giants.
phoenix wrote:
flameshaw wrote:The music is ok, but they are not going to play what I want anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
I will say the band is HORRIBLE and has been since 1973, (or when we first had one). We can do a whole lot better IMHO. There has been no improvement in last 20 years anyway.
I think Beej gave the best explanation I’m sure the band is very good in what they do. I just don’t find what they do entertaining
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:
That's ok, I can live with it. 8) :)
By R i
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Post Malone, Lil Nas X and Drake. Maybe some house like Avicii
Ladies will be down with that which makes it more enjoyable for everyone trust me

I’d be down with anything as long as it’s a party
Creepiest Old Man POTY nominee.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: Creepiest Old Man POTY nominee.
yeah i get that alot.

not BC level tho- Im legally allowed to date these women
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote: May 21st, 2019, 10:42 pm You'd also have to buy equipment to act as controllers for the drones, too. That's gotta cost some $. But I will stop derailing this conversation now. I just think we have the people in right places with the right majors that could possibly make a drone show happen with a reasonable investment.
Check out this drone show.

LUOrange, jimflamesfan liked this
I still think this is the way to go for a night game.

They keys are getting the app on everyone's phone and a barcode on every seat to set each phone as a pixel. This with the red ribbon bar and the programmable stadium lights can set a crazy atmosphere. FYI that stadium holds about 21k

jimflamesfan liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I know this is an old thread but I still maintain an awesome intro song would be (albeit ironic) Hell’s Bells by AC/DC. Imagine the lights going off, a video of the Liberty Bell ringing, lights flashing as it transitions into the song. You would only do it up until the actual singing of the song so no lyrics would happen but it’d be pretty sweet and has an awesome sound in the beginning. Maybe it’d be better for another school not named liberty or Christian but the irony would be funny and the sound is awesome lol
By LUOrange
Liberty22 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 6:47 pm I know this is an old thread but I still maintain an awesome intro song would be (albeit ironic) Hell’s Bells by AC/DC. Imagine the lights going off, a video of the Liberty Bell ringing, lights flashing as it transitions into the song. You would only do it up until the actual singing of the song so no lyrics would happen but it’d be pretty sweet and has an awesome sound in the beginning. Maybe it’d be better for another school not named liberty or Christian but the irony would be funny and the sound is awesome lol
I like AC/DC and Hells Bells, but not at a Liberty. I do agree that that that Turbulence song has run its course.
LUOrange wrote: July 28th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Liberty22 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 6:47 pm I know this is an old thread but I still maintain an awesome intro song would be (albeit ironic) Hell’s Bells by AC/DC. Imagine the lights going off, a video of the Liberty Bell ringing, lights flashing as it transitions into the song. You would only do it up until the actual singing of the song so no lyrics would happen but it’d be pretty sweet and has an awesome sound in the beginning. Maybe it’d be better for another school not named liberty or Christian but the irony would be funny and the sound is awesome lol
I like AC/DC and Hells Bells, but not at a Liberty. I do agree that that that Turbulence song has run its course.
What if they rang the bell at game time?
By tyndal23
Since we won’t be adding an upper deck south end zone for a while, I would like to see us raise the height of the entrance gate where the top matches west ( Carter Tower ) and East ( prison guard towers) and add another row of arches on the curves that lead to entrance. Same size stadium, but looks much more imposing inside and out.
Design - could be another arch in the center with 4 walls on exterior, Huge Liberty Bell in Center, ( hanging from arch ceiling ) and perched above from the top - Huge Bronze Eagle that can be rotated on Game Day to face field and rest of time looks out over campus. Centered either side, above the Bell and below the eagle - 2 fire bowls. Game day, we turn off the flames and have a lighting ceremony with a guest every game who ceremoniously lights the flames just prior to intro ( the traditional ceremony stays the same and intro video /music can change with time/preferences ). I would ring the bell 3 times right at end of National Anthem, play the Ecstasy of Gold ( symphony ) and light em up at the climax then transition in to whatever “entrance song”. Could become one of the coolest traditions in football.
flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: November 9th, 2022, 3:54 pm Since we won’t be adding an upper deck south end zone for a while, I would like to see us raise the height of the entrance gate where the top matches west ( Carter Tower ) and East ( prison guard towers) and add another row of arches on the curves that lead to entrance. Same size stadium, but looks much more imposing inside and out.
Design - could be another arch in the center with 4 walls on exterior, Huge Liberty Bell in Center, ( hanging from arch ceiling ) and perched above from the top - Huge Bronze Eagle that can be rotated on Game Day to face field and rest of time looks out over campus. Centered either side, above the Bell and below the eagle - 2 fire bowls. Game day, we turn off the flames and have a lighting ceremony with a guest every game who ceremoniously lights the flames just prior to intro ( the traditional ceremony stays the same and intro video /music can change with time/preferences ). I would ring the bell 3 times right at end of National Anthem, play the Ecstasy of Gold ( symphony ) and light em up at the climax then transition in to whatever “entrance song”. Could become one of the coolest traditions in football.
And since it isn’t exactly “ practical “ - design it - then fund raise specifically for it. The additional top row of arches can also be named for “gifts”.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Metallica is perfect for everything. You can never go wrong with Metallica at a sporting event.
Purple Haize liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]