Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Something that is fun to follow during the off-season is the Orlando Sentinel's daily countdown of the best college football teams. They've currently released:
130: UTEP
129: South Alabama
128: UConn
127: Akron
126: New Mexico St
125: Rice
124: UMass
123: Central Michigan
122: UTSA
121: Georgia State
120: San Jose St
119: Coastal Carolina
118: Charlotte
117: Bowling Green
116: Kent State
115: Texas State
114: Navy
113: New Mexico
112: Kansas
111: ECU
110: Rutgers
109: Old Dominion
108: Ball State
107: UL-Monroe
106: Western Kentucky
105: UNLV
104: Louisiana
103: Tulsa
102: Eastern Michigan
101: Colorado State
100: Oregon State
99: MTSU
98: Hawai'i
97: Illinois
96: Miami (OH)
95: UAB
94: Wyoming

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ ... -rankings/
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:lol -- they seem to think that Coastal didn't have football before Moglia.
They say CCU "stepped up to the FBS level in 2016" and went 10-2. Yes, it was technically their first transition year, but they did not play a single FBS team.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:I wonder if they'll forget us!
That does seem possible, or they don't consider us fully transitioned.
They could be drinking the kool-aid too :). Coach Freeze has a great track record in coaching as mentioned by many of us and maybe just maybe this news source will give us a nice prediction similar to that of Paul Finebaum a few weeks ago.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:So they forgot is, right?
Either that or they really are putting a lot of stock in the hiring of Freeze. I did expect to see our name by now.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
USA today has us bowl eligible. actually getting a bowl bid may prove more challenging unless there aren't many 6 win programs out there this year.

But yeah, I guess if one thinks we may be bowl eligible then that would mean we'd be in the top 100. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting us within the top 100 but what do i know? Haha
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:USA today has us bowl eligible. actually getting a bowl bid may prove more challenging unless there aren't many 6 win programs out there this year.

But yeah, I guess if one thinks we may be bowl eligible then that would mean we'd be in the top 100. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting us within the top 100 but what do i know? Haha
My guess is somewhere between 85-95.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]