Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I think we can say that the AAF did exactly what it was built to do. Reps are important. How many guys have been signed back to the NFL?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
AAF grew too fast. Tough draw, trying to get to market ahead of XFL.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Washington was a perfect place to land. The Redskins need a QB more than any NFL team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Washington was a perfect place to land. The Redskins need a QB more than any NFL team.
Do you think he’s better than
Case Keenum
Colt McCoy
Alex Smith (even though injured)
Dwayne Haskins Jr

That’s 3 NFL Starters and a couple of First Round picks
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did not know Redskins had Drafted Haskins. As for the others, they will not keep defensive coordinators awake at night devising a game plan.
As for Smith, I doubt if he plays again. But if he does, I don't think he be effective.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I did not know Redskins had Drafted Haskins. As for the others, they will not keep defensive coordinators awake at night devising a game plan.
As for Smith, I doubt if he plays again. But if he does, I don't think he be effective.
Posting on something you know nothing about
Not answering the question
You are as consistent as November rain
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I did answer the question.
You didn’t. But keep telling yourself you did
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
You certainly do not know how bad the Redskins need a QB
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 27th, 2019, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Washington was a perfect place to land. The Redskins need a QB more than any NFL team.
Case Keenum
Colt McCoy
Dwayne Haskins Jr

Since BC is unable or unwilling to answer...

No
Based on previous body if work? No. Currently? That will depend on how he feels post recovery
Pre-injury Smith? Heck no. Post injury Smith? Yes. I think his career is over sadly.
Heck no
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:You certainly do not know how bad the Redskins need a Q?
Why would they need a Q?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Case Keenum
Colt McCoy
Dwayne Haskins Jr

Since BC is unable or unwilling to answer...

No
Based on previous body if work? No. Currently? That will depend on how he feels post recovery
Pre-injury Smith? Heck no. Post injury Smith? Yes. I think his career is over sadly.
Heck no
Thank you Beej for at least answering part of the question.
The Redskins traded for Keenun who was the starting QB last year in Denver. And had a great year in Minnesota the year prior
Alex Smith was having a nice run in KC and doing well in DC until the injury
Colt McCoy is serviceable and has several NFL starts
Dwayne Haskins is a First Round pick.

So tell me again fraudcoach what I don’t know
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple, if I told you today is Saturday, you would try to argue it.

If a QB wants to play in NFL, Redskins is the team to sign with. They have no established starter, even though some current QBs there have started games before. Come training camp, the QB job will be open.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, if I told you today is Saturday, you would try to argue it.
Ballcoach has jokes! :lol: :oldhag :rofl
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, if I told you today is Saturday, you would try to argue it.

If a QB wants to play in NFL, Redskins is the team to sign with. They have no established starter, even though some current QBs there have started games before. Come training camp, the QB job will be open.
I’m just still waiting for you to answer my original question. Not that you will so it’s not really an expectation on my part.
And you don’t trade for a guy with that big a contract without expectations of him starting. Especially since he’s been a starter the last two seasons. You also don’t draft a QB in the first Round without expecting them to be a starter in a year or two. And as you stated you know nothing about the Redskins QB situation. So enjoy your bike ride
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Ballcoach has jokes! :lol: :oldhag :rofl
*encephalitis
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

Whether a team has an established starter or not is totally irrelevant to Woodrum's situation. He was not going to be competing for the starting job no matter where he landed. What he needs is a roster spot, and IMHO he would be better off somewhere with a solid starting QB, but fewer options after that. The Redskin's starting job is Keenun's to lose and Haskins is the future with McKoy an insurance policy. As things stand now, Woodrum is a "training camp arm". I suppose that could change if McKoy plays really poorly and Josh impresses.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]