Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Id be perfectly fine with a 6 PM kickoff...that would be easier for me to take my son to. A 12 noon kick would mean leaving at 6 or 7 am and that's asking a good bit from a 6 year old (his birthday is in a couple weeks)
By TexanMark
The game will fall under your (Liberty) TV deal. I assume you have an option for receiving ESPN/2/U. However, if the game gets ESPNU treatment the kick-off time would be shifted. Maybe to 7pm. Honestly, I don't see this game getting selected for ESPN or ESPN2.

A great TV blog to follow is Matt Sarzyniak's blog. He is a Cuse fan but has the pulse on everything related to college games and TV. He lists every college game being broadcast and also has an excellent Twitter feed.

http://www.mattsarzsports.com
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
When would you think would be too late? There is a large group already making plans to be at the game so I'd think they'd want to hammer that out pretty quickly.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote:It’s still not too late to get this shifted to Thursday or Friday night, which is what Liberty has pushed for.
There is a huge number of games on both Thursday and Friday already - Sunday is only slot that would have a chance - and I am sure coaches don’t want to shorten the following week with a road game.
By TexanMark
Friday night games are actually great for Labor Day Weekend. However, the window to change it is closing fast. I figure if it isn't announced within 2-3 weeks, it isn't happening. If you are making travel plans you better stay flexible though.

You will find out in the future that TV game times will put you on a yo-yo. In the ACC we have a 12 day window and sometimes in a few cases a 6 day window. I don't buy non-refundable motel rooms for the most part.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Unless I am reading this wrong it looks like Face Value will be $45 per ticket for the Syracuse game. Single game tickets go on sale in August. You can purchase tickets in the East reserved benchback section or West reserved bleachers without having to purchase season tickets.
By Jonathan Carone
givemethemic wrote:Unless I am reading this wrong it looks like Face Value will be $45 per ticket for the Syracuse game. Single game tickets go on sale in August. You can purchase tickets in the East reserved benchback section or West reserved bleachers without having to purchase season tickets.
Unless things have changed in the last couple months, you're reading things wrong. The other 5 games will be $45/ticket. Syracuse is rumored to be $70/ticket.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
This may sound like a dumb question, but some of you guys are WAY smarter than I when it comes to marketing and the impact possibly of a higher priced ticket.

So, here is the question. Is the difference between a $70 ticket and a $45 ticket going to make that much difference in the out come of attendance. If you think it does, what will the pros and cons be?
By Old Red
I'm certainly no expert in marketing, but I can tell ya that I wouldn't be willing to pay $70 for general admission ticket to an LU game. We aren't there yet. Hopefully we can take a big step in that direction this year. But in the meantime, I just don't think our program justifies it.

I'm willing to accept $45 because it's an ACC opponent (as well as top 15). But when you add all the other game day costs, and multiply that price by a few extra seats, it just gets beyond what I'm currently willing to do. I love LU, & I'm local, but that could force me to watch from my recliner.
By Jonathan Carone
The reason you’d charge that much for a single game ticket is because it makes season tickets much more attractive. If you have to pay $50 for one game but can pay $70 for six games, you’re more likely to get season tickets. A larger season ticket base allows us to plan better and keeps our base attendance higher.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The reason you’d charge that much for a single game ticket is because it makes season tickets much more attractive. If you have to pay $50 for one game but can pay $70 for six games, you’re more likely to get season tickets. A larger season ticket base allows us to plan better and keeps our base attendance higher.
I’m not sure the LU fan base thinks that way yet. They just look at the initial cost and will wait till last minute ticket deals
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s the reason I was so against the last minute ticket deals for ODU last year.
Shall we wager on there being a Last Minute Family Park Special?

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]