Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
True, that is probably exactly what was going through a freshman QB’s mind coming off the bench for his first collegiate game - “FSU sucks and will probably not have a good season so I shouldn’t feel any pressure’.
By LUOrange
tyndal23 wrote:True, that is probably exactly what was going through a freshman QB’s mind coming off the bench for his first collegiate game - “FSU sucks and will probably not have a good season so I shouldn’t feel any pressure’.
DeVito also came off the bench and saved the game for SU against UNC. He was also the 8th ranked QB coming out of high school in 2017. The kid's no slouch. We're going to have our hands full against my Orangemen. I do think we can beat them, but it won't be easy.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:The kid looked good in the games but the teams he was playing against were terrible.
We're they worse than us?
By Ewglenn
flamehunter wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:The kid looked good in the games but the teams he was playing against were terrible.
We're they worse than us?
I think they may have been better than us but I’m not sold they were. Stopping the run was our problem last year not the pass. So in this scenario where we are talking about passing abilities I would say we were as good or better.
By ChampionsArise727
Hi everyone!

This is my first posting on these forms. I'm a grad student in the Communications program and love all LU sports. I'm hopeful that LU wins this game and believe they have a significant chance to do so, especially since it will be Freeze's first game at LU. Overall, I think Liberty will win around 8 or 9 games this year and go to their first ever bowl.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ChampionsArise727 wrote:Hi everyone!

This is my first posting on these forms. I'm a grad student in the Communications program and love all LU sports. I'm hopeful that LU wins this game and believe they have a significant chance to do so, especially since it will be Freeze's first game at LU. Overall, I think Liberty will win around 8 or 9 games this year and go to their first ever bowl.
Welcome to the forums! So glad to have you. It is certainty an exciting time to be a Liberty football fan. I've been burned too many times having high expectations so it is harder for me to get on board with 8 or 9 wins but we should have a very exciting product and it'll be interesting to see what HF brings to the table.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Just saw that the entire stadium will be reserved seating for the Syracuse game. No GA.

2800 season tickets sold so far.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Just saw that the entire stadium will be reserved seating for the Syracuse game. No GA.

2800 season tickets sold so far.
I have my 2
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Im gonna have my work cut out for me to get a ticket for me and my oldest
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Probably so which is why I am leaning towards going to home game #2 but we shall see. My work schedule for the fall is still very much up in the air. It will be really interesting to see how many fans end up coming out and if they will actually open up the berm for sitting (sliding :) )
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
But what are the low-end season tickets going for? Maybe a strategy to just get people to buy the season if the single for SYR is already $70?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The $70 single game ticket is really going to test where our fan base is.
Is that what they are going for
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Just saw that the entire stadium will be reserved seating for the Syracuse game. No GA.
Jonathan Carone wrote:The $70 single game ticket is really going to test where our fan base is.
JK37 wrote:Maybe a strategy to just get people to buy the season
Cider Jim wrote:I don't see any single ticket prices yet, just season ticket prices (which start at $70 for GA).
:clapping
By Jonathan Carone
I mean, if we’re quoting people...

January 22:
Jonathan Carone wrote:If you plan on going to more than two games next year, season tickets are more than worth it. Between the single game cost of Syracuse and a single game ticket somewhere else, season tickets will either be the exact same price or a couple dollars more.
By Old Red
Yes, your GA ticket will get you in, but you'll actually have an assigned seat for the Syracuse game. When I ordered our season tickets I was able to pick the seats (GA) that we wanted. We'll be on the upper deck of the student side, front row. My wife is already excited about the fact that we can wait until close to game time to get there & still have our seats. Probably means I'll be buying reserved after this year.
By Jonathan Carone
Old Red wrote:Yes, your GA ticket will get you in, but you'll actually have an assigned seat for the Syracuse game. When I ordered our season tickets I was able to pick the seats (GA) that we wanted. We'll be on the upper deck of the student side, front row. My wife is already excited about the fact that we can wait until close to game time to get there & still have our seats. Probably means I'll be buying reserved after this year.
In other words...

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think the fact that Syracuse is coming into the season ranked will help casual fans justify the price. Combine that with the fact that the cost for season tickets isn't that much more than that 1 game with the hiring of Hugh Freeze, I think there will be a decent uptick in season ticket sales. Seems logical to me, but I am far from the smartest person in the room when it comes to ticket sales and the complexities of it.
By tyndal23
Yeah, I was wondering how that would work for ESPN contractually if they put us on ACC Network - seems like they would have to pay out both LU and ACC - a little different than putting it on ESPN or ESPN 2. But without knowing details of agreements - maybe not a big deal - just seems like it would be complicated.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]