Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

2019 Defensive yards allowed expectations

500 yards per game
No votes
0%
450 yards per game
7%
400 yards per game
50%
350 yards per game
36%
300 yards per game
7%
250 yards per game
No votes
0%
200 yards per game
No votes
0%
The changes on defense will be significant, we'll have a new staff, implementing a more aggressive defensive philosophy. Additionally, with the increased pace of our offense we are likely to give opposing offenses more possessions. I fully expect we'll get better at defense & that we will give up fewer yards per possession. However, I think it's particularly difficult to determine whether this will translate into more or fewer total yards per game. In fact, I think it's likely that we give up fewer yards per possession, but a similar number of total yards (this would be a significant improvement).
mlschubert wrote:The changes on defense will be significant, we'll have a new staff, implementing a more aggressive defensive philosophy. Additionally, with the increased pace of our offense we are likely to give opposing offenses more possessions. I fully expect we'll get better at defense & that we will give up fewer yards per possession. However, I think it's particularly difficult to determine whether this will translate into more or fewer total yards per game. In fact, I think it's likely that we give up fewer yards per possession, but a similar number of total yards (this would be a significant improvement).
Yes, this is complicated. We gave up only gave up 35 yards more per game than did Oklahoma.
The top defensive teams in the country ride a bit below 350 per game. 350 per game.
first on the list last year was Penn State ranked #28 in yards relinquished.
Only 7 teams were under 300 yards per game.
Best Big 12 is Texas with 400 per game in a wide open league. #60 in the country.
Texas Tech gave up 473. We were at 488.
I would dream of being a 350 per game team. The trend with wide open offensives is to relinquish yards.
400 would be acceptable.
Freeze at Old Miss, but for his last year giving up over 400 per game, his defenses gave up 300-350 per year.
I see no reason not to expect that here.
So, I go with 350 per game based on his history. I will accept 400 if we win 9 or 10 per year.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]