Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Lion1983
Living were I live, I see and talk to people associated with schools programs from UNA, JSU, Troy, to Auburn, Alabama Tennessee and Ole Miss.

I had a conversation today with a guy the is very close to Troy's program. He seems very assured (for lack of a better word) that UNA will be in the Sun Belt for football only soon. He also said one more football associate will come with us to give the Sun Belt an even 12 for football. He did not however say who the other would be.

That being said, it kinda coincides with what I had heard during football season. I was told that Ted Gumbart (ASun commissioner) is actively pursuing a deal with an FBS conference for ASun schools that wants to be in FBS. If that's the case, the only schools as of right now in the ASun that would or could even consider it is Liberty, KSU and UNA.

I figure Liberty would probably pass on the Sun Belt especially since yall have a Bowl affiliation, so UNA and KSU would likely end up in the Sun Belt.

If and when that happens, I would also figure that Liberty would likely enter a schedule agreement with UNA and KSU for home and homes for a long time.

Just thought yall would be interested.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
At this point, I sincerely doubt the Sun Belt is looking at anyone for expansion. Would they welcome back one of their former conference mates from the CUSA? Probably. But they have no reason to call up any more FCS schools. The rules changes regarding conference championship games has taken away any incentive to add another mouth to fed without increased revenue. Then when you factor in the real possibility of seismic realignment in 2024/2025, no one wants to do anything under these circumstances.

I will add that of all of the FCS schools with FBS ambitions, Kennesaw State is particularly well positioned. They would be a on a very short list of candidates if any league were looking for new members. But I don't see that happening prior to the GORs expiring and the insanity that could follow.
By Lion1983
Sly Fox wrote:At this point, I sincerely doubt the Sun Belt is looking at anyone for expansion. Would they welcome back one of their former conference mates from the CUSA? Probably. But they have no reason to call up any more FCS schools. The rules changes regarding conference championship games has taken away any incentive to add another mouth to fed without increased revenue. Then when you factor in the real possibility of seismic realignment in 2024/2025, no one wants to do anything under these circumstances.

I will add that of all of the FCS schools with FBS ambitions, Kennesaw State is particularly well positioned. They would be a on a very short list of candidates if any league were looking for new members. But I don't see that happening prior to the GORs expiring and the insanity that could follow.
Would it be in UNA and KSU best interests to go up as independents if they ever think they want to go FBS? There are so many bowls popping up surely they could find time ins.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]