Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
First practice is in the books!

I'm not sure what Freeze's rules are as far as public and media access to practices. Anything to report?
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Working on a story, hope to get it done before the MBB game tonight, but if not will definitely have it tomorrow.

Not much more access than Gill gave. There will be 20-30 minutes of open practice for stretching and individual workouts for about half the practices.
By CCWMichael
Looks like our players are getting a taste of the new expectations.

Apparently the defense in lacking in endurance but any of us surprised by that after our performance last season should be ballcoached.

Hearing this tempers my expectations for the new season but I still remain hopeful we will see significant improvements.

Hugh will get everyone up to speed.

I am not sure how to take some of the after practice interviews but it appears the offense players are all in on the change of pace and expectations as it all equates to big time performance improvements.

In HF I trust

"The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say 'I.' And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say 'I.' They don't think 'I.' They think 'we'; they think 'team.' They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but 'we' gets the credit.... This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done." --Peter Drucker, author of Managing for the Future
By Jonathan Carone
My favorite part of those quotes was that it felt for the first time that Freeze was excited to be here and really owning being at Liberty. There’s been a lot of “they” when talking about Liberty and not a lot of “we” up to this point. I feel that’s starting to change.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote:My favorite part of those quotes was that it felt for the first time that Freeze was excited to be here and really owning being at Liberty. There’s been a lot of “they” when talking about Liberty and not a lot of “we” up to this point. I feel that’s starting to change.
Completely agree Carone - hoping his family falls in love with LU and Lynchburg which will be key for him.
By LUOrange
I read bot h ASOR's article and Damien's, and both have me excited for what the future holds. Too bad, HCHF only gets Buckshot and AGG for 1 season.
By Ewglenn
LUOrange wrote:I read bot h ASOR's article and Damien's, and both have me excited for what the future holds. Too bad, HCHF only gets Buckshot and AGG for 1 season.
I wonder if HCHF will hit the market for a grad transfer QB next fall.
By LUDad
Ewglenn wrote:
LUOrange wrote:I read bot h ASOR's article and Damien's, and both have me excited for what the future holds. Too bad, HCHF only gets Buckshot and AGG for 1 season.
I wonder if HCHF will hit the market for a grad transfer QB next fall.
I think a QB who would thrive is someone who could be a threat to run but more importantly is someone who makes quick accurate reads despite camouflaged defenses and is an accurate passer. In other words, I think the system can make the right QB look great instead of the other way around.
By Jonathan Carone
tyndal23 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:My favorite part of those quotes was that it felt for the first time that Freeze was excited to be here and really owning being at Liberty. There’s been a lot of “they” when talking about Liberty and not a lot of “we” up to this point. I feel that’s starting to change.
Completely agree Carone - hoping his family falls in love with LU and Lynchburg which will be key for him.
I think they already have.

This whole situation reminds me of the end of season 5 of Friday Night Lights where Coach Taylor gives up where he wants to go because it’s Tami’s turn.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:

This whole situation reminds me of the end of season 5 of Friday Night Lights where Coach Taylor gives up where he wants to go because it’s Tami’s turn.
Don’t bring Coach Taylor into this.....we all know Tami isn’t going to last in the big city
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:First practice is in the books!

I'm not sure what Freeze's rules are as far as public and media access to practices. Anything to report?
Spelled out on LU website/Football.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Completely agree Carone - hoping his family falls in love with LU and Lynchburg which will be key for him.

Don’t bring Coach Taylor into this.....we all know Tami isn’t going to last in the big city
You can’t say it’s not a great comparison though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NO ONE is Coach Taylor. NO ONE!!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:No one is TAMI. NO ONE!!!!!!!
Go hang out with Julie. No one liked her or you! :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote::roll:
Roll your eyes as I walk off with Lyla!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I watched some of practice today. Very impressed.
Has Ballcoach been hired as HCHF's personal body guard? I thought practices were CLOSED. :oldhag :dontgetit
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:No one is TAMI. NO ONE!!!!!!!
Go hang out with Julie. No one liked her or you! :)
First watch through I was in love with Julie.

Second watch through she annoyed me.

Third watch through I realized why everyone hated her.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And TF coached you up the whole day!
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: