Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By gerb
HCHF said that the defense will start defending a 24 - 0 lead. Never been to a LU spring game so no idea what we have done in previous years.
Last edited by gerb on March 26th, 2019, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote:HCHF said that the defense will start defending a 24 - 0 lead. Never been to an LU spring game so no idea what we have done in previous years.
TG had a ridiculously complicated system that awarded points for various offensive and defensive accomplishments.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I know I have asked as well as a few others but does anyone know if next weeks spring game will be live streamed at all?

Anyone have an answer?
By tyndal23
As much as I would like to watch it - I hope we don’t stream it - Syracuse needs to be guessing right up until kickoff...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What's to say that Syracuse will not have a "spy" make the voyage to Lynchburg for spring game ? I know NCAA has rules against scouting football games in person, by members of coaching staff. But one could go "undercover" to any spring game in the country.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
If we want more exposure and increased alumni excitement as well as please this guy in Montana then live stream this game 8) .

In all seriousness though, will there even be a radio broadcast of the game?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The idea that we should be worried about opponents getting a bunch of intel on us from the Spring game is pretty laughable. Offensively, the vast majority of what we will be doing next year is all available on video from Ole Miss games. Whatever new stuff HF is going to put in for Syracuse is likely yet to be determined and certainly not going to be on display Saturday.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Running backs not complacent despite all the returning experience

http://www.aseaofred.com/running-backs- ... xperience/
VERY telling:

“Coach Freeze coming in, it’s day and night honestly,” Frankie Hickson said of the differences between the old and new coaching staff. “He’s requiring more of us, he’s stressing us. The new coaching staff is coming with some energy that a lot of us have never even seen before."

If all of the players feel this way, we could see a major uptick in the product on the field, with virtually the same talent/players. Excited to see how we develop by the first game.
From experience at playing sports at a pretty high level, good coaches/motivators can get more from their players than the players even realize they have to give. Especially in football, where physicality is so important.
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Running backs not complacent despite all the returning experience

http://www.aseaofred.com/running-backs- ... xperience/
VERY telling:

“Coach Freeze coming in, it’s day and night honestly,” Frankie Hickson said of the differences between the old and new coaching staff. “He’s requiring more of us, he’s stressing us. The new coaching staff is coming with some energy that a lot of us have never even seen before."

If all of the players feel this way, we could see a major uptick in the product on the field, with virtually the same talent/players. Excited to see how we develop by the first game.
From experience at playing sports at a pretty high level, good coaches/motivators can get more from their players than the players even realize they have to give. Especially in football, where physicality is so important.
I've said it before, but imagine what could've been if Buckshot, AGG, and Co. would've had HCHF for two years. IMHO, we definitely would've swept the State of New Mexico and beaten UMASS, and who knows about UVA.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Pretty cool the Coach Gill was on hand for the final spring practice. Him being around Liberty athletics is nothing but a positive.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Pretty cool the Coach Gill was on hand for the final spring practice. Him being around Liberty athletics is nothing but a positive.
Absolutely 1000%. It takes a guy with a lot of class to do that for sure. I have always thought he was an exceptional person, but him still supporting the university is phenomenal.
I hope they can find something for him to do that would be helpful to him and the university.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed on gill. Also takes a guy as successful as freeze to not really be looking over your shoulder with the former head coach around.

What role is possible. Genuinely asking
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Agreed on gill. Also takes a guy as successful as freeze to not really be looking over your shoulder with the former head coach around.

What role is possible. Genuinely asking
He and Alderrama would be a great 1-2 in the Flames Club. Gill would do great with corporate clients I feel
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]