Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone heard of any tailgating changes for next fall? A friend called to buy football season tickets and was told there would no longer be reserved spots to tailgate, which really surprised me. I wonder if he was given misinformation or not?
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:Has anyone heard of any tailgating changes for next fall? A friend called to buy football season tickets and was told there would no longer be reserved spots to tailgate, which really surprised me. I wonder if he was given misinformation or not?
I certainly have not heard anything. First come first serve is what that sounds like. I liked being able to grab two black passes and have room to spread out. Maybe they are expecting all parking to be full at the bookstore and will just go old school do it at your parking spot. That could hurt the folks with rolling smokers.
By rtb72
When I ordered my tickets, I asked to get the same seats parking pass from year's past. During the conversation, I told him the reason I liked the yellow lot (bookstore) was the convenience of tailgating in the reserve spots. He didn't indicate there would be any changes.
By TexanMark
Cuse fan here. I'm bringing a group of 50-60 fans to the game. Which of the general lots are the most flexible for spreading out a bit. Also, a lot with access to indoor bathrooms is huge plus for the ladies in the group. Any help is appreciated.
By LUAlum1215
Your likely two best options- the lot beside the extended stay hotel that you mentioned in a different thread or docs diner on east campus. Docs will provide better access to bathrooms but the extended stay lot is closer to the stadium, and requires walking across a major street to the ice center for bathrooms.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
TexanMark wrote:Cuse fan here. I'm bringing a group of 50-60 fans to the game. Which of the general lots are the most flexible for spreading out a bit. Also, a lot with access to indoor bathrooms is huge plus for the ladies in the group. Any help is appreciated.
Welcome! This will be the biggest home crowd we have ever had, so there are many unknowns with what the parking lots will be like. Most of our home games last year had terrible weather, which eliminated any normalcy for tailgating. I hope there are a ton of Syracuse fans enjoying the game day atmosphere at the stadium. You will find a welcoming atmosphere with all Liberty fans glad you made the trip down. We are very new to tailgating and it would be great to see many Syracuse fans showing us how it can be.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd go with the bookstore or LIC (Lahaye Ice Center). Anyone have another idea?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I'd go with the bookstore or LIC (Lahaye Ice Center). Anyone have another idea?
BJ, you've honestly been gone for a long time. My understanding is that he bookstore tailgating is only for the high end Flames Club members, and the LaHaye tailgating is for commuter students only with one section near the law school for season ticket holders only. Those areas are coned off with Event Staff and LUPD monitoring them very closely.

LUAlum1215 has much better options for visiting fans. The parking lot at Doc's Diner is really close to the stadium--just cross the bridge, and you're there!
LUAlum1215 wrote:Your likely two best options- the lot beside the extended stay hotel that you mentioned in a different thread or docs diner on east campus. Docs will provide better access to bathrooms but the extended stay lot is closer to the stadium, and requires walking across a major street to the ice center for bathrooms.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the insight Cider...it has been a while since I've been on the mountain...I'm hoping to make a couple of appearances in 2019 though (more if I manage to get a job out that way)
By Ewglenn
I’m personally a fan of Doc’s Diner. It is really close to the stadium and has bathrooms right there. If you get there early enough that’d be where I would go. I’m thinking about making the trip up there for the game.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:I’m personally a fan of Doc’s Diner. It is really close to the stadium and has bathrooms right there. If you get there early enough that’d be where I would go. I’m thinking about making the trip up there for the game.
It is my understanding that Docs Diner will be a paid parking lot.
By TexanMark
alabama24 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:I’m personally a fan of Doc’s Diner. It is really close to the stadium and has bathrooms right there. If you get there early enough that’d be where I would go. I’m thinking about making the trip up there for the game.
It is my understanding that Docs Diner will be a paid parking lot.
Confirmed. Expect to pay $20-25 at Doc's (from Ticket Rep). Seems pricey due to the numerous free parking nearby.

Also, group rate tickets go on sale on July 1st.

If I tailgate at or near Thomas Road Baptist Church (which will still be free) is it more strict on visiting fans enjoying a brew in a solo cup?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
The field across from Lahey is the best option. It is not owned by LU, so campus laws do not apply. There is no charge. You are on grass and not black top( can claim as much room as you wish). It is closest you can get to the entrance I use into the stadium. First come first serve. I suggest the field across from Lahaye Ice Center.

I have done all types of tailgating there, from yard games, to camping over night, to parking last minute for the game. Its a great spot.
By tyndal23
Just purchased 2 season tix under letterman program, 2 meals for all the games - only coming to Syracuse. Parking in Purple Lot ( apparently next to Indoor ). Main reason for season is for certain access to VT, BYU, UVA games scheduled in the future. Will probably donate rest of tickets through ticket office non/profit or Military donation program. My slight concern is average Syracuse fan upgrading for better seats then not bothering to resale or donate and those seats go empty rest of season - ( ticket office didn’t allot for very many Syracuse fans under 1k ). Probably negligible, but VT in the near future could definitely be an issue unless season tix are priced quite a bit higher - OR they have a lot more visitor tix available. ( I know i am repeating a lot of what others have said already ). Tix are 214, 3rd row .
By tyndal23
For sure, I would rather give them to someone for sure going and that is a fan than some random person. Only rule is you have to support my p5 master plan kook theories occasionally...Purple you are out, don’t even ask.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 21st, 2019, 4:01 pm For sure, I would rather give them to someone for sure going and that is a fan than some random person. Only rule is you have to support my p5 master plan kook theories occasionally...Purple you are out, don’t even ask.
Well that just about eliminates everybody on this board! :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 21st, 2019, 1:48 pm Just purchased 2 season tix under letterman program, 2 meals for all the games - only coming to Syracuse. Parking in Purple Lot ( apparently next to Indoor ). Main reason for season is for certain access to VT, BYU, UVA games scheduled in the future. Will probably donate rest of tickets through ticket office non/profit or Military donation program. My slight concern is average Syracuse fan upgrading for better seats then not bothering to resale or donate and those seats go empty rest of season - ( ticket office didn’t allot for very many Syracuse fans under 1k ). Probably negligible, but VT in the near future could definitely be an issue unless season tix are priced quite a bit higher - OR they have a lot more visitor tix available. ( I know i am repeating a lot of what others have said already ). Tix are 214, 3rd row .
I have my own Lot? :D
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]