Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 21st, 2019, 4:01 pm For sure, I would rather give them to someone for sure going and that is a fan than some random person. Only rule is you have to support my p5 master plan kook theories occasionally...Purple you are out, don’t even ask.
Ha I have my own
I probably will have them available for some games too if people are interested. I’ll let you know as the season gets closer
By TexanMark
I don´t think you need to worry about Syracuse fans buying season ticket packages. Most will get tickets through SU or the secondary market. It is really hard to say how many will show. Labor Day weekend is the last weekend of summer and many are at the Lake, Beach, etc... I think you´ll see about 1000 fans wearing Orange.
By TexanMark
Thanks for all your help

Bought 65 tickets today. We will be high up in Section 214.

Primary Lot: will be the grass field next to Extended Stay America. Backup Plan (Rain or Murphy's Law) will be up high in the long skinny parking lot above Doc's/Fairfield.

Feel free to look for an Orange Flag flying around a decent sized tailgate. Just ask for TexanMark. We'll have a pop ready for you.

When you come north for the games at Syracuse send me a note.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Safe travels, TexanMark. See you next month! :football :tailgate :fbplayer
By amar0819
TexanMark wrote: July 1st, 2019, 8:38 pm Thanks for all your help

Bought 65 tickets today. We will be high up in Section 214.

Primary Lot: will be the grass field next to Extended Stay America. Backup Plan (Rain or Murphy's Law) will be up high in the long skinny parking lot above Doc's/Fairfield.

Feel free to look for an Orange Flag flying around a decent sized tailgate. Just ask for TexanMark. We'll have a pop ready for you.

When you come north for the games at Syracuse send me a note.
TexanMark you spelled Brewski wrong
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Talking through a tailgating scenario, need some of the professional tailgaters/dads opinions.

I have 2 boys, one is 3 and one that turns 1 the week of the Syracuse game. I have been indecisive about tailgate plans this season every time I try to formulate a plan. You guys are seasoned vets and provide a lot of good opinion. So let me lay out the options. Which would you choose and do you have any advice ?

Scenerio A : Park in the field across from Lahaye, haul up the big green egg smoker and make an entire day out of it. This would include Liberty tent, Liberty cornhole boards and some "pops". The major negative I come up with is naptime for the boys, and just fighting the weather in general. The major positive is the full day experience and the great food.

Scenerio B : Go to the indoor facility and eat at their pregame meal a few hours before kickoff. Major positive , everyone gets a nap at home (Roanoke) and weather isnt a factor.

I could obviously do a blend of these, but the indoor facility pregame is such a great option for families that I just cant see myself packing up all the gear, putting in all the work, and dealing with all the tears, if we go the all day route. Something ingrained in me loves the tailgate scene, I am just not sure its worth it at this stage in the game.

Thoughts and encouragements appreciated,
Dad of 2 trying to relive the glory days of tailgating
By Jonathan Carone
Go the indoor route all day every day. You wouldn't get to enjoy the full day of tailgating with the boys anyway. Everyone stays happy this way.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I agree, and if I can lay low at the family event for the first few games, maybe my wife will get burnt out and I will have the chance to come up to a game alone and do the tailgate later in the season. I know I will have major tailgate envy for the Syracuse game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
What level of Flames Club membership do you need to have to eat in the indoor practice facility?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Anyone can eat in there, certain level of flames club allows you to eat complimentary in the indoor practice facility.

I think.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
That’s what I was referencing. Is that not the food spot too ?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: July 8th, 2019, 12:08 pm Anyone can eat in there.
I had a buddy chased out of there for not being a Flames Club member. :nono :buttkick
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
The pregame meal in the IPF is a major luxury for the Eagle level $120. The meal is $7 and is very, very good. Enjoy the AC on a hot August afternoon. Let the kids play in the inflatables. Wife is comfy in the meal seating area. Head over to the stadium at about 5 to watch the teams warm up in the shade (Baptist side).

If they want to become serious about tailgating, they need a lot for RV's. There are no campgrounds anywhere near campus. Maybe, the Orange lot.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 8th, 2019, 4:02 pm
R i wrote: July 8th, 2019, 12:08 pm Anyone can eat in there.
I had a buddy chased out of there for not being a Flames Club member. :nono :buttkick
Ballcoach again? :lol:

I know it wasn't him because they weren't giving out Burger King. Also, I know why he likes BK so much. They sell Whoppers.
By Class of 20Something
They just need the final asphalt and paint. Just under the concrete curbs currently. Full sidewalk is done. This is taken from the roundabout at the 460 and Odd Fellows junction.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 4:42 pm If they want to become serious about tailgating, they need a lot for RV's. There are no campgrounds anywhere near campus.
Actually, Paradise Lake Campground is only about 15 or 20 minutes from campus, and it's in Purple's end of town.

http://www.paradise-lake.com/
By TexanMark
R I:. Have you considered getting a room at the Extended Stay? They still had rooms for under $100 a couple weeks ago. That would solve all your issues.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I live 45 minutes away, and we are already over budget on Flames Football for 2019 :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I finally got my tailgating question answered. The lot across from the Indoor Practice Facilty is mainly for individual game group sales, but season ticket holders can park there AND tailgate IF they are Flames Club members, so old Cider had to pony up $60 just to tailgate this year.
:oldhag
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Which lot are you referring to ?
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]