Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By skywalker5291
Registration Days Posts
Normally I just read on here but had to respond. As someone who worked in the marketing department in LU athletics and within a G5 athletic program video criticism is so easy for fans to take a shot at. People do not get the level of hours, workforce, and money it takes to put out what the big boys are doing.

For example Ole Miss has 18 full time staff member on their production staff. Liberty within their athletics department have 5. Two of those being Alan and Nick who do not work on the editing/shooting side of video production. So to get to Ole Miss level of staff LU would need to invest over half a MILLION dollars a year if the average staff pay was 40k. That does not include cost for equipment, insurance for the employees, gear, etc.

Another note is I would love to see the back end analytics on that 21 min Ole Miss video. I bet the less than 10% of the 41k views watched more than 5 mins. So you could produce a 21 min video or 10 two min videos.
By richmondvareb
Liberty football has just moved up to Division 1, so the rest of the things that compliment such a program will come along soon too. HCHF is well aware of how valuable a great video support group is, so watch for him to push to bring that along too. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with the present Liberty video group at all (I've enjoyed the videos I've seen although I'm new to Liberty sports right now), but I doubt they will object to growing larger.

At Ole Miss, our baseball team is a real fan favorite (we are usually #2 nationally in attendance and have been for quite a few years). The video group at Ole Miss have just put out a great video called "The Season" which is similar to the one put out for the football team and previews the baseball team which is ranked #10 nationally and just completed signing the #1 national recruiting class last year. How does that baseball video relate to the football team? Well, Ole Miss just signed in early February a 5 star running back (Jerrion Ealy) who stated that one of the major reasons he signed with Ole Miss is because of the quality of their baseball team (yes, he might play football and baseball in college if he doesn't go the major league baseball route). And it is that very same video group that helps build the fan enthusiasm for both of those programs. The Ole Miss video group won at least one Emmy a year or two ago (there may have been other awards, but I'm aware of that specific one). Coach Freeze is well aware of how all of this ties together, so you can bank on his pushing for the Liberty video group to grow right along with the football program and the Liberty baseball, etc. programs.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
RichmondReb, I'm sure you meant no harm, but some of our posters are super sensitive because technically FCS football is classified as D1.
By LUOrange
I think Liberty's video marketing is really good, no matter it's size. I will say that I'm tired of all the crappy rap music they use. I was pleasantly surprised when they used a rock song for the football weight lifting video. Hopefully, it was another positive change from our new Coach.
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote:I think Liberty's video marketing is really good, no matter it's size. I will say that I'm tired of all the crappy rap music they use. I was pleasantly surprised when they used a rock song for the football weight lifting video. Hopefully, it was another positive change from our new Coach.
Just like the generation that called rock and roll the “devils music?” In honesty they did have some point in making that gesture. There’s nothing new under the sun :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:RichmondReb, I'm sure you meant no harm, but some of our posters are super sensitive because technically FCS football is classified as D1.
Hey, we all have our pet peeves :D
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Who was putting together the hype videos a couple years back? Some of those were actually decent like the Montana game that showed clips from the WVU game. Even the ones from the Rocco days weren’t bad- I think John might have created those with the Rocky clips
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:We didn't just move up to D1.

I stopped reading after you said that to be honest.
I did too :lol:
By LUDad
tyndal23 wrote:Film School Students. Cheap Labor
Great point. The work will also build their portfolio for when they begin seeking jobs. But regarding budgets, I believe JF, Jr. see's a successful athletic program as a huge advertising window to prospective students and to donors. That extends to promoting the athletic program. As the program grows, I don't think we have to worry about promotion budget growth. For every dollar spent by the school on sports promotion, how much free publicly do we garner through media sites?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote:Noticeable improvement over last month. View counts are 5K - 19k. Very nice.

ho lee crap thats some good stuff there
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:ho lee crap thats some good stuff there
+1 :clapping
By gerb
3200 view in 4 hours...Nice. I'd love to know what the y/y engagement growth is. I bet it's significant.

By gerb
HCHF posts a video, 75k+ views in 24 hours.

Flames youtube channel's most watched video in history is 49k views in 4 years.

Explain.

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I watched Coach Freeze's latest video TWICE.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]