Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
March 30, 1:00 p.m. kick-off.

I predict it will be best attended spring game in LU history.

First practice February 23. Viewing policy TBD
By cruzan_flame13
Alright, time to predict the attendance of the game. Go!

I say about 6-7k. If it rains, then around 2800-3400 attendees.
By LU 57
I have not been to a Spring Game since I left campus but I intend to be at this one!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Weather will be the key. With good weather, I say 8,100. With bad weather, I'm scared to guess.
By CCWMichael
This is one we really wanted to make.
No way I can handle a five hour drive with where I am at.
Wish we could afford a flight from Harrisburg to Lynchburg ---- that's how much my daughter and I would love to see this one.
My wife always grumbles, that's why I call her the war department :D , but in reality she loves campus and how much Amber and I enjoy it.
Amber really would like to buy some gear ---- she has her own lady cave dedicated to the Flames.
ASOR could stream this and I would love it. Maybe Liberty will stream it like the big time schools --- lets act like we are there. Before you know it this game could be televised.
I think it is realistic to pull 10G on a nice day in the 60's or above.
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote: I think it is realistic to pull 10G on a nice day in the 60's or above.
That comes down to the students.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote: I think it is realistic to pull 10G on a nice day in the 60's or above.
That comes down to the students.
+1

There is a ton of hype on this season
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I echo CCWMichael. I think with all the new excitement around the program 10k could be there and I feel like Freeze and company will push for students and others to come out for this spring game.

I for one, really really hope that watchespn streams this or we are able to stream it in house some way. I think if LU made it available to be streamed with LFSN calling the game and charged like $10 or less to watch it they could make a little money on the spring game. I for one would pay.
By cruzan_flame13
CCWMichael wrote:This is one we really wanted to make.
Wish we could afford a flight from Harrisburg to Lynchburg ---- that's how much my daughter and I would love to see this one.
My wife always grumbles, that's why I call her the war department :D , but in reality she loves campus and how much Amber and I enjoy it.
Amber really would like to buy some gear ---- she has her own lady cave dedicated to the Flames.
ASOR could stream this and I would love it. Maybe Liberty will stream it like the big time schools --- lets act like we are there. Before you know it this game could be televised.
Now that is something! I believe it may be streamed on facebook live and/or LFSN
By CCWMichael
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:This is one we really wanted to make.
Now that is something! I believe it may be streamed on facebook live and/or LFSN
Good news on the stream :football :football :football .
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You didn't have to read any farther than the word "kick-off" to know this will be different than past Spring games. Apparently there will be one.
By LUDad
Perfect day. Watch football at 1:00 and then the LU v. North Florida game at 4:00.
By CCWMichael
LUDad wrote:Perfect day. Watch football at 1:00 and then the LU v. North Florida game at 4:00.
Aloha LU Dad.
Havven't heard from you in some time.
I hope all is well with you.
Been praying for you.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am curious to see what Coach Freeze envisions for a Spring Game experience. It varies wildly from coach to coach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't think playing another school in spring games is permitted by NCAA. I have never heard it done.
By Ewglenn
I’m pretty sure it isn’t allowed but if it was it should be against a close team like VMI.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think playing another school in spring games is permitted by NCAA. I have never heard it done.
Uhhhh, no it isn't. That doesn't mean it couldn't be. Rules are changed all the time.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:I’m pretty sure it isn’t allowed but if it was it should be against a close team like VMI.
Orrrrr... and I’m just spitballing here but maybe another FBS program?
By Ewglenn
Anyone at the game care to share your thoughts on the game? I’m not able to come for it so just interested in hearing what y’all are seeing. Also any guess on attendance?
By cruzan_flame13
Ewglenn wrote:Anyone at the game care to share your thoughts on the game? I’m not able to come for it so just interested in hearing what y’all are seeing. Also any guess on attendance?
Defense was dominant throughout the the game. Ajayi made a pick six and almost received a second pick but dropped it after a juggle. We need more on the o-line, so I hope a scholarship or two would be used on a graduate student(s). Mack and Pickett did well, especially Mack, on gaining yards. Receiving core did well at the end of the 3rd-4th quarter. I am impressed with Johnathan Bennett and and Van Ellen; both did well. Buckshot was sacked a few times and he wasn’t that impressive in my opinion.. Cunningham and Brown are pointless to have on the roster with no disrespect. If they are full scholarship, those should be used for other needs. I didn’t see Pop Robinson taking any reps. I left when there was 6:46 minutes left in the fourth so maybe other things occur (the offense was coming back!). Overall, the defense did well and the offense struggled a bit but had some good plays after(we didn’t score a touchdown in the first half! If anyone have anything else to add, please do.

P.S. The weather is amazing in the ‘burg today!! 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:Anyone at the game care to share your thoughts on the game? I’m not able to come for it so just interested in hearing what y’all are seeing. Also any guess on attendance?
Defense was dominant throughout the the game. Ajayi made a pick six and almost received a second pick but dropped it after a juggle. We need more on the o-line, so I hope a scholarship or two would be used on a graduate student(s). Mack and Pickett did well, especially Mack, on gaining yards. Receiving core did well at the end of the 3rd-4th quarter. I am impressed with Johnathan Bennett and and Van Ellen; both did well. Buckshot was sacked a few times and he wasn’t that impressive in my opinion.. Cunningham and Brown are pointless to have on the roster with no disrespect. If they are full scholarship, those should be used for other needs. I didn’t see Pop Robinson taking any reps. I left when there was 6:46 minutes left in the fourth so maybe other things occur (the offense was coming back!). Overall, the defense did well and the offense struggled a bit but had some good plays after(we didn’t score a touchdown in the first half! If anyone have anything else to add, please do.

The offense scored twice late to win 38-34. Waiting on Manson for the particulars on the last 2 scores. He was live tweeting throughout the game, but obviously was busy with other things at the end.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

The offense scored twice late to win 38-34. Waiting on Manson for the particulars on the last 2 scores. He was live tweeting throughout the game, but obviously was busy with other things at the end.
It's obviously in the story, but the final two scores were a 59 yard pass play from Johnathan Bennett to Shedro Louis (which happened while I was walking downstairs so I didn't get to see it) and a 57 yard touchdown run by Frank Boyd.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]