Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
I have a feeling this is what Alan York commented on when he said he saw some interesting renderings that looked like the FOC might connect to the stands - regardless, good to see them working on future plans. Wouldn’t surprise me if they plan on adding seats to the South end zone ( once they complete the west side renovations ) prior to 2022 for VT BYU home games - then do north end zone when needed. Note this rendering was done or at least appeared on their website AFTER last stadium upgrade. Not sure if the new FOC plans would allow for North End Zone seating per this drawing ( simply because I don’t know if there is still room - current plans appear to come pretty close to the playing field.
By LUOrange
To me it looks like it incorporates the current FOC expansion. It also includes the Baptist side renovations.
By Class of 20Something
Ewglenn wrote:What would that get us to capacity wise? 38k?
I would anticipate the southern bowl adding 4k and a shallow northern bowl to add 2k.

The recent east side renovation added more than 6k and is much larger than the southern bowl.

Personally, I want to see us selling our 4 of our 6 home games before expanding again. I know weather played a factor last season, but I don't want to have the same problem basketball has.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think we will have seating in north end of field.
Did u open the link?
By tyndal23
I think might push us to 30k max - n end zone doesn’t look like even 1k seats - and I think 4K max in south plus a few extra official seats on west side with tower suite / seats.
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote:
I would anticipate the southern bowl adding 4k and a shallow northern bowl to add 2k.

The recent east side renovation added more than 6k and is much larger than the southern bowl.

Personally, I want to see us selling our 4 of our 6 home games before expanding again. I know weather played a factor last season, but I don't want to have the same problem basketball has.
I agree on the sell out before expanding part - but BYU and VT games 2022 makes sense - those type of schools are used to getting 10k tickets as visitors.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think we will have seating in north end of field.
Did u open the link?
Yes, and I don't think that drawing is the newest one on the block.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
you guys are funny. I don't have any pics. I respect my friends who still work in the department enough to not share anything more than the fact that I laid eyes on a recent rendering when I was last in the burg. ya'll can take that and run with it. I would guess its probably changed again since I was there last as these things tend to do.
By Ewglenn
Just my opinion but I think we should go to at least 30k. Those P5 games, BYU and ODU, should sell out every time we get them at home(barring weather). VT and UVA could easily be over 40. I just think there is a lot of revenue to have by doing that.
By LUOrange
I don't claim to be Nostradamus, but I can safely say that we'll have standing room only and then some for VA Tech in 2022. I imagine we'll sell out for BYU as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Don’t build all the time facilities for a once in a while event. The occasional revenue increase isn’t worth the investment, and it has a negative effect on stadium atmosphere for the vast majority of games.
:nod :nod
By tyndal23
We were the first with a Fake Ski Slope - lets be the first with 3500 retractable end zone seats that the turf rolls down over and acts like a berm when not in use :)
By tyndal23
I sort of said the retractable stands tongue In cheek, but I do have to confess I researched it a few months ago - it really is a problem we are going to have for the foreseeable future - openers and P5 games will bring in a lot of far away alumni and opposing fans driving up ticket prices- but the FCS and non local G5 games will be tough to fill 25k - we just don’t have the local fan base. Half empty stadiums are awful to look at on TV but 95 percent of G5 has this problem ( another reason I hate G5 ). Maybe HF fever gets us a sellout every game and we have to expand soon - hope so...
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
That's why retractable berm seating would be ideal. It's the best of both worlds. Take off the berm cover for the VT abmnd BYU games. Leave the cover on for the rest. For example.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
or maybe... hear me out on this... We use the berm as it is intended and make it overflow seating. you know, instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to just roll out those expensive retractable seats 2 times a year... I know, its genius isn't it?
By LUDad
flamesfilmguy wrote:or maybe... hear me out on this... We use the berm as it is intended and make it overflow seating. you know, instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to just roll out those expensive retractable seats 2 times a year... I know, its genius isn't it?
I keep hearing that the berm is graded too steep for seating. If so, I suppose it could be leveled a bit or tiered.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]