Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 28th, 2019, 2:32 pm I think you’re beating a dead horse on LU’s construction issues historically, PH. It can certainly be debated whether it was the best use of money then or now.

But it was a GREAT facility for the level we were at then.

We’re at a different level now much sooner than anyone anticipated before the FBS move was officially announced. And HCTG was satisfied.

HCHF is not satisfied. He now gets what he wants. And that’s fine.

There’s no blame here to be placed.
Oh I agree. I even stated it was a systemic issue at LU
By Class of 20Something
I'd also note beyond the concrete in the equipment room being down and the brick on the north side, there is some framework around the screen that wasn't in any of the renderings.
By BlueBlood
I think some of the more recent renderings showed the screen having its posts bricked-in and a brick wall extending across the stadium-side of the roof that shields the view of the roof from the stadium.

Thanks for posting the photos!
By Class of 20Something
BlueBlood wrote: July 28th, 2019, 6:44 pm I think some of the more recent renderings showed the screen having its posts bricked-in and a brick wall extending across the stadium-side of the roof that shields the view of the roof from the stadium.

Thanks for posting the photos!
I didn't even remember seeing this one.

By BlueBlood
Sly Fox wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:18 pm Here is the view from the upper deck on the Baptist side:

Better angle of the upper wall. As best I can tell, its only purpose is to shield your view of the roof and roof-mounted utilities.
By tyndal23
I heard Ian mention on an interview with I think Alan York about the Carter Tower 2nd story conversion to a training table - then saw the clip today on twitter. Was this ever discussed prior or is this something HF pushed/requested since his arrival. Where have the football players been eating prior ?

By LUAlum1215
tyndal23 wrote: July 29th, 2019, 8:50 pm I heard Ian mention on an interview with I think Alan York about the Carter Tower 2nd story conversion to a training table - then saw the clip today on twitter. Was this ever discussed prior or is this something HF pushed/requested since his arrival. Where have the football players been eating prior ?

There was a “Training Table” in the dining hall that al athletes could use. Actually I believe anyone could use it. They began planning to redo that part of the dining hall so they moved the TT to Carter Tower. It will still be available to all athletes, and not football exclusive.
By tyndal23
Training Table easily accessible - really glad to see them make this investment, another key to FBS recruiting and performance.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 30th, 2019, 11:45 am FOC is progressing fast. I think we're going to be shocked by appearances on Aug 31
Do you think they will get any brick done ?
By Class of 20Something
I think so. Moreso than other schools. Liberty is about appearances. Liberty will get a ton of TV time on September 1st win or lose.

The cheap seats are on the TV side of the stadium. Everything is orchestrated to make the production look good on TV and highlight film. I think top priority is obviously the locker room but the fascade has to be second.

It's also the trope of Liberty buildings. Every academic building was 90% complete on the outside months before the interiors were functional. I say this having been a contractor and worked in multiple Liberty buildings.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to Wiki, ODU's new stadium will only seat 22,480 this year, but Phase 2 will bring it up to 30,000. It still doesn't look anywhere as nice at LUs new stadium. Am I right, Ballcoach?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.B._Ballard_Stadium
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, there is NOTHING at ODU that impresses me. When it comes to venues, LU beats ODU in all facets of athletic facilities.

I went there once for some event, can't recall what. But the only thing impressive was the traffic getting to the place. Traffic was terrible, not to mention campus looked old and run down.
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: August 7th, 2019, 11:36 am Cider, there is NOTHING at ODU that impresses me. When it comes to venues, LU beats ODU in all facets of athletic facilities.

I went there once for some event, can't recall what. But the only thing impressive was the traffic getting to the place. Traffic was terrible, not to mention campus looked old and run down.
"The Ted" Constant Center where they play basketball is pretty nice.
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote: August 20th, 2019, 7:46 pm The structure for the east side archway is up.

It's a quarter of eight and crews are still working.
Yes, been watching - I think they get brick on both sides done and the arches bricked in- then get out of the way to lay some turf and move fence back for the game. Wondering if they also lay turf down on the slopes where dead grass is before game ( hillsides where bleachers end )
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I asked one of my larger customers who is a GC and he said the same thing most of us think. It should be further along unless permitting held them up which isnt likely. With such a big first game its a crying shame if the facing and exterior and turf isnt done before that.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
They cannot use rain as an excuse this summer.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]