Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
flamesfilmguy wrote:or maybe... hear me out on this... We use the berm as it is intended and make it overflow seating. you know, instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to just roll out those expensive retractable seats 2 times a year... I know, its genius isn't it?
Unless they regrade the slope I doubt many people are going to love the idea of sitting on the berm. So we can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars doing that instead.
By tyndal23
If it only cost hundreds of thousands it would be a no brainer to put in retractable and charge x amount per seat vs overflow spread out on a blanket and laying down taking up 3-4 seats that LU would normally be able to charge a full ticket price for - BUT- it would be $5 million minimum to build. So yes your idea is genius - too bad they didn’t get it right the first time and it is wasted space as is...( but honestly I think people on berms look like HS stadiums - never liked it and prefer it clean and empty from a visual standpoint ).
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
The berm as it is now is too steep for overflow. To me, though, there are already steps down the berm to where the band sits. So, the berm must not be that far off from being seating. Therefore, if permanent seats are somehow bolted into the berm, and more steps added... couldn't those seats could be covered when not in use to still look like the berm? That might be less than retractible seats or regrading? The covers would just be removed for big games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are several verses in the Bible that refer to "nothing is impossible" with God.

This holds true when pertaining to LU construction also.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Did anybody see the video floating around on twitter of the flooding in one of the commons?

That is what happens when you build too fast. A few of the East Campus dorms began to sink which caused flooding as well.

At some point I hope that Liberty will learn it is better to take your time in regards to construction.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As much rain and snow we have had for past 6 or 7 months, there's water in places that have never had water before.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I completely agree. Creating a demand where these events feel like the place to be will help our football program grow. Once you sell out the current configuration for several seasons then you can start thinking about expansion.

Of course there is nothing wrong with having plans in place. I am always a sucker for looking at stadium drawings.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I predict tickets for VT game will be higher than other games. I have seen this happen before at other schools that VT visited.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict tickets for VT game will be higher than other games. I have seen this happen before at other schools that VT visited.
Way to go out on a limb there considering we're doing that with Syracuse this year.
By LUOrange
BuryYourDuke wrote:The other big cascading effect from that is season ticket sales.

They will EXPLODE. Nothing drives season ticket sales more than the perceived threat of scarcity. And nothing creates more scarcity than scarcity.

So, no, we shouldn’t be expanding bc Va Tech is coming. I would even argue that we shouldn’t be using variable pricing models at this point. Tickets should be cheap, and stay cheap for the foreseeable future.
I agree completely with this. I'll add that I don't like the assigned seating for the General Admission/bleacher seats. I personally that I thought after the weather last season, they were the single most negative effect on attendance last season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict tickets for VT game will be higher than other games. I have seen this happen before at other schools that VT visited.
Ballboach has never bought an LU football ticket, but that happened last year: tickets for FBS opponents cost more than tickets for FCS opponents.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Wait, ballcoach actually paid for a football ticket this past year??? Give Ian McCaw a lifetime contract for pulling that one off!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Wait, ballcoach actually paid for a football ticket this past year??? Give Ian McCaw a lifetime contract for pulling that one off!
No I think he's saying that the higher ticket prices for certain games happened last year. Ian is good but not that good, yet.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Can some explain why anyone wants to sit at ends of the field? Seems like a better view watching on TV, but maybe I'm missing something.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:
I agree completely with this. I'll add that I don't like the assigned seating for the General Admission/bleacher seats. I personally that I thought after the weather last season, they were the single most negative effect on attendance last season.
This! The silver seats on the baptist side DESPERATELY need to be changed back to general admission. That change killed attendance!!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Can some explain why anyone wants to sit at ends of the field? Seems like a better view watching on TV, but maybe I'm missing something.
One reason may be for the same reason coaches like end zone cameras, for film review. If you are high up, you can see plays develop. (if you know Xs and Os). When I go to VT games in Blacksburg, I always get seat in south end zone, (if I have to buy the ticket)
By CCWMichael
rogers3 wrote:Can some explain why anyone wants to sit at ends of the field? Seems like a better view watching on TV, but maybe I'm missing something.
Overall, this is not my desired seat. Too difficult to spot nuances down the field. However, spotting gaps and grasping development is so much easier to witness from the end zones. For me it is much easier to see the breakdowns or spectacular play. As a fan .....50 yard line a few rows up is my desired slot.
By Old Red
I think that's just a wrap they have on that side of the building. I was on campus over the weekend, and it looks like they are covering that side to protect the interior from weather. I'm guessing they figured this looks better than a standard Tyvek wrap would, and they're right.
By tyndal23
I get the white wrap portion because that is where they will open up part of the wall and connect the equipment room, but the front half looks like brick.
By Old Red
That appears to actually be part of the wrap as well. I may need to take a second look at it, but it appeared to have a print on it that looked like brick. The white part you see just has an LU logo. My guess is that they are trying to dress the site up a bit for Commencement.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I was at the stadium on Saturday and can confirm it is a wrap. It looked like a giant bedsheet flapping in the wind as they put it up.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]