Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By amar0819
I will say from my times as a scrub walk on guys slept in the locker room all the time laying on the carpet floor. Normally if you had finished classes and were waiting for your workout session or practice. Obviously college kids don't have the best sleep schedule so naps in the locker room were always clutch, especially if you lived off campus! I think this is more for a recruiting standpoint BUT also think guys will definitely be taking plenty of naps.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 4:36 pm Most of these multi million dollar locker rooms are for recruiting purposes more than anything else.

Example: If LSU's players are sleeping at their lockers, they are probably not doing much to help the team.
You know this from your extensive time as a player and coach? Locker Rooms are a Sanctum. They are not a necessary evil
By Class of 20Something
Anyone on the inside know of the corner tunnels are still in the works for the LFC(Liberty Football Center)? It doesn’t look like the work is being done for the other side of them.
By LUAlum1215
Class of 20Something wrote: July 24th, 2019, 5:15 pm Anyone on the inside know of the corner tunnels are still in the works for the LFC(Liberty Football Center)? It doesn’t look like the work is being done for the other side of them.
The last I heard, the tunnels had been done away with (at least for now). There will be a facade facing the field that is basically a wall with a hole in it where the tunnel would have been, but nothing behind the wall. I think they’ll likely complete it later but no such talk of that that I’ve heard.
By tyndal23
That is what the plans show, but on construction cam - neither side has that last steel post or top connecting beam -thought maybe they left it open to move crane around but now the further it gets, I am starting to wonder if they are going to do it or not...
By R i
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: July 24th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: July 24th, 2019, 5:15 pm Anyone on the inside know of the corner tunnels are still in the works for the LFC(Liberty Football Center)? It doesn’t look like the work is being done for the other side of them.
The last I heard, the tunnels had been done away with (at least for now). There will be a facade facing the field that is basically a wall with a hole in it where the tunnel would have been, but nothing behind the wall. I think they’ll likely complete it later but no such talk of that that I’ve heard.
Same , I will add that I think they will put something temporary like the blow up tunnel things on the backside of the Facade Entrance for 2019. Would be kind of lame, the first time seeing the team ready to play would be after they have been standing right outside behind that facade.
By tyndal23
I posted earlier - if they did the “facade” they should put a wall running north and south and it would create an actual open air tunnel and look much better- there is room on the west side where home team enters field - other side - not so much but even if it was only 30 feet long would still look better...it really looks like they are leaving both of them off for now though anyway
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Personally I’m still trying to figure out why one of the newer buildings on campus needed to be “renovated “ (torn down and rebuilt)
By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote: July 25th, 2019, 9:13 am Personally I’m still trying to figure out why one of the newer buildings on campus needed to be “renovated “ (torn down and rebuilt)
Needed? It didn’t.

I will say the old layout of the coaches office space would not have worked for this staff due to the additional staff HCHF brought in. Granted, the renovation was planned well before this staff was brought in.

Also, you can’t be a non-profit if you don’t spend enough money.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I wish theyd make a tunnel similar to what they are doing at Bryant-Denny for when players arrive to the stadium. It will have projectors that coat the walls with highlights from Alabama football history. I think that would be sweet for a walk out tunnel for the players to get hyped up for the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 9:28 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 25th, 2019, 9:13 am Personally I’m still trying to figure out why one of the newer buildings on campus needed to be “renovated “ (torn down and rebuilt)
Needed? It didn’t.

I will say the old layout of the coaches office space would not have worked for this staff due to the additional staff HCHF brought in. Granted, the renovation was planned well before this staff was brought in.

Also, you can’t be a non-profit if you don’t spend enough money.
Your last line sums it up perfectly. I mean you COULD invest it in Professor salary or needed improvements OR have built it for capacity the first time. But heck howdy, it’s only money
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
There were some structural issues with the FOC. Not sure if that played a part or not. However, the building was not up to FBS standards.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 3:09 pm There were some structural issues with the FOC. Not sure if that played a part or not. However, the building was not up to FBS standards.
:BS I even remember comments about how it was a better facility than many FBS schools
As for “structural issues” maybe if you take the time to build it right the first time....
By tyndal23
13 years old and built for FCS - come on - they stripped it and expanded - not demolished -big difference. BTW - I saw a tweet of guys practicing - quick glimpse of North Side - brick masons already more than half finished on that side ( still a hole in the wall where the big windows go ) but surprised to see em already laying brick.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 3:45 pm 13 years old and built for FCS - come on - they stripped it and expanded - not demolished -big difference. BTW - I saw a tweet of guys practicing - quick glimpse of North Side - brick masons already more than half finished on that side ( still a hole in the wall where the big windows go ) but surprised to see em already laying brick.
Small difference.
Few FCS schools had something that nice. Again refer back to comments about it being nicer than several FBS schools
Hey build away. Make it as nice as possible. Get it right. Not hatin. Just sayin.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 25th, 2019, 4:16 pm Again refer back to comments about it being nicer than several FBS schools
First, that doesn't mean that it was FBS material. It could have been like Marshall, for example. 8) Second, it's not like we don't use a bit of hyperbole around here. :lol: :football
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 8:22 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 25th, 2019, 4:16 pm Again refer back to comments about it being nicer than several FBS schools
First, that doesn't mean that it was FBS material. It could have been like Marshall, for example. 8) Second, it's not like we don't use a bit of hyperbole around here. :lol: :football
Both extremely good points :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’ve been told by many: it simply wasn’t big enough. And renovation+expansion was a big promise made to HCHF.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 28th, 2019, 8:44 am I’ve been told by many: it simply wasn’t big enough. And renovation+expansion was a big promise made to HCHF.
Which goes to the original point. Do it right the first time
But hopefully they will get it right this time
By Ewglenn
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2019, 9:36 am
JK37 wrote: July 28th, 2019, 8:44 am I’ve been told by many: it simply wasn’t big enough. And renovation+expansion was a big promise made to HCHF.
I doubt when it was built anyone thought we’d be going FBS anytime soon. It was a great FCS facility and not bad for FBS. The size was mostly the problem for FBS. Not enough room for the extra players and coaches.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote: July 28th, 2019, 1:33 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2019, 9:36 am
I doubt when it was built anyone thought we’d be going FBS anytime soon. It was a great FCS facility and not bad for FBS. The size was mostly the problem for FBS. Not enough room for the extra players and coaches.
The FBS drumbeat has been pounded for 20 years. It wasn’t as pronounced under Sam but was really started when Karcher came in and steadily moved forward ever sense. Capital projects should look 20 years into the future but again, I hope they have a phenomenal one now
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I think you’re beating a dead horse on LU’s construction issues historically, PH. It can certainly be debated whether it was the best use of money then or now.

But it was a GREAT facility for the level we were at then.

We’re at a different level now much sooner than anyone anticipated before the FBS move was officially announced. And HCTG was satisfied.

HCHF is not satisfied. He now gets what he wants. And that’s fine.

There’s no blame here to be placed.
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: July 28th, 2019, 2:32 pm I think you’re beating a dead horse on LU’s construction issues historically, PH. It can certainly be debated whether it was the best use of money then or now.

But it was a GREAT facility for the level we were at then.

We’re at a different level now much sooner than anyone anticipated before the FBS move was officially announced. And HCTG was satisfied.

HCHF is not satisfied. He now gets what he wants. And that’s fine.

There’s no blame here to be placed.
Hopefully, this will help keep him around awhile.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]