Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BlueBlood
Looks like continued good progress on both the ground-level and second story field-facing façade. I think it will look nice for Saturday.

They are wasting all sorts of time on the framing for the upper façade (underneath and to the sides of the scoreboard). They've had guys up there for days taking apart what they previously built and re-doing it. Nothing kills momentum like re-work.
By Ethall15
Registration Days Posts
I am sure this has been posted elsewhere. But when I came in for the Syracuse game I sat on the upper level of the student side and was surrounded by Syracuse fans. Before the game and after the game, I couldn't help hear how blown away the fans were at our facilities. And they were not just saying that to be nice, they literally said your facilities are better than ours and we have the carrier dome. They said they honestly were expecting sub par facilities and something on the level of FCS because of our recent jump.... I then told them, yeah I am blown away as well, half this stuff wasn't even there when I graduated in 2014 which is crazy. When another division 1 fan group recognizes your facilities and then says oh is that your FOC that isn't finished and i responded yes, they said wow that is going to be great when complete and then i showed them a rendering of it and they were amazed. So we should be blessed with what we have, and it has obviously helped with recruiting. Now lets get some wins!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have visited right many P5 schools. I can't recall any of them having better facilities overall than LU. Granted, football stadiums had more seats, but...................

I read somewhere last year about a certain ACC school's baseball stadium and how nice it was. It looks like a high school field compared to LU's.
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:02 am I have visited right many P5 schools. I can't recall any of them having better facilities overall than LU. Granted, football stadiums had more seats, but...................

I read somewhere last year about a certain ACC school's baseball stadium and how nice it was. It looks like a high school field compared to LU's.
Other than capacity, there's not many minor league parks better than our baseball stadium.
By Class of 20Something
LUOrange wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:30 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:02 am I have visited right many P5 schools. I can't recall any of them having better facilities overall than LU. Granted, football stadiums had more seats, but...................

Other than capacity, there's not many minor league parks better than our baseball stadium.
Single and and double, sure. But take a trip to the DBAP(not a Clay Travis DBAP).
By tyndal23
looks nice on TV - so much better than previous building - should look tight by NMSU last game.
By BlueBlood
Its really starting to look nice. I think there is a good chance they get the field side fully bricked in time for the Hampton game. Not sure why they are struggling so much with the top section (which is purely cosmetic). They had a couple guys spend all of last week re-working it. Hopefully they figured it out and can get that covered too.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts

sounds like the hokies baseball stadium. It's a dump even with the renovations.
By BlueBlood
They are working on Sunday.

It’s starting to look really nice. Looks like the exterior should be pretty much completed by homecoming.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I wholeheartedly agree! Reminds me of the back of DeMoss and how it’s offset. It’s gonna drive me crazy that it’s offset a bit from the first floor!
By Old Red
Now that we’ve won our bowl game I’ve already started looking forward to next year. I think I remember hearing something about an expansion to the Carter tower starting as soon as the Football Center was complete.
I haven’t been on campus in a couple of months, but I imagine that facility is about done. Has anyone heard, or seen, anything about what they are going to do with the west side expansion?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would love to visit many other schools' locker rooms/facilities, and compare them with LU's.
I have been in UNC's, VT's and UVA's. None compare to LU. I would guess most SEC schools and Clemson can top LU, but no one else.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm I would love to visit many other schools' locker rooms/facilities, and compare them with LU's.
I have been in UNC's, VT's and UVA's. None compare to LU. I would guess most SEC schools and Clemson can top LU, but no one else.
Yeah, VT sucks.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm I would love to visit many other schools' locker rooms/facilities, and compare them with LU's.
I think nearly every P5 has either completed or will complete massive upgrades to locker room / FOC. Most look very much alike and LSU is only one that has something unique with lockers. Most of top 20 G5 schools have also - LU is nice but nothing “ mind blowing” that no one else has...
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Clemson is on another level. same with LSU, and Bama. The three you named are some of the older and in fact worst in the ACC. GT just redid their locker room and the indoor is nice but everything else needs a lot of improvement. NCstate is better than UNC UVA and VTs. PITT plays in a pro stadium so i've never seen their on campus facility Same with Miami. Wake's is not great but not horrible. Dukes is awful. Lousiville is really nice.
I'd say Liberty's new facilities are mid to upper level ACC quality which is super impressive for an independent. The SEC is just ridiculous. South Carolina even has a fantastic set up. Really Mizzou and Vandy are the only ones not great in the SEC. And it shows obviously.
By tyndal23
flamesfilmguy wrote: December 25th, 2019, 11:21 pm
Clemson is on another level. same with LSU, and Bama. The three you named are some of the older and in fact worst in the ACC. GT just redid their locker room and the indoor is nice but everything else needs a lot of improvement. NCstate is better than UNC UVA and VTs. PITT plays in a pro stadium so i've never seen their on campus facility Same with Miami. Wake's is not great but not horrible. Dukes is awful. Lousiville is really nice.
I'd say Liberty's new facilities are mid to upper level ACC quality which is super impressive for an independent. The SEC is just ridiculous. South Carolina even has a fantastic set up. Really Mizzou and Vandy are the only ones not great in the SEC. And it shows obviously.
Go see Mizzou new weight room / facility - new as of 2019. Dig deep and I don’t think u find a single P5 that hasn’t already done a major upgrade or is in the process or worst case doing a fund raise with plans/drawings. Last 5 years have been dramatic - more so than previous 25 from a facilities arms race. LU won’t lose out due to lack of facilities - but neither will any P5 and top G5. Difference between FSU and Texas A & M for Jimbo was a five year snooze on facilities by FSU board.
By tyndal23
Manson - after LSU and things are quiet - see if u can get a tour of FOC and lots of pics for us. ( please )
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hear our weight room will be among best in country when finished. I have been in new locker room and the training/medical rooms, but not in weight room yet.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]