Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
[youtube]
[/youtube]
LU New Release wrote:FOC Renovation Project to Bring Next Level Home to Liberty Football
January 23, 2019 Lynchburg, Va.

FOC Renovations Renderings

Following an offseason that saw major renovations to Williams Stadium, Liberty Athletics next football upgrade project is focusing on the base of operations for the program.

Shortly after the conclusion of the 2018 football season, Liberty's first campaign at the FBS level, the Williams Football Operations Center started a $25 million renovation project that is scheduled for completion in January 2020.
Click Here for Full Story

The video interview with McCaw is great but click on the renderings link and see the details. Awesome project!

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is really going to help enclose that side of the stadium. What a beautiful facility the Bill has become.
By Old Red
I like the fact that they narrowed it up a bit from the original renderings. That will allow them to build some additional seating on either side without affecting the actual FOC. We're probably years away from that type of expansion, but I'm glad they appeared to plan for it.
Hope they'll open it up for fans to tour once it's complete!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Are they adding a floor, or does the existing FOC have 3 floors already? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Are they adding a floor, or does the existing FOC have 3 floors already? :dontgetit
Already has 3 floors including the weight room in the basement.
By tyndal23
Old Red wrote:I like the fact that they narrowed it up a bit from the original renderings. That will allow them to build some additional seating on either side without affecting the actual FOC. We're probably years away from that type of expansion, but I'm glad they appeared to plan for it.
Hope they'll open it up for fans to tour once it's complete!
Completely Agree Old Red.
By tyndal23
North Side looks much better than prior renderings and I like how the scoreboard border/structure looks much better. Not as imposing as 1st rendering without the wings, but makes much more sense for future seating. Looks like the inside is going to be 1st class as well. Nice work fellas.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
looks nice. but smaller than originally planned? More efficient maybe?

and apparently the facade looks to have been recentered on the goal posts.

either way I guess they re-thought shoe horning soccer locker rooms in there?

never understood that train of thought.

those guys deserve their own, NEW space. #RedHeadedStepchildren
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:looks nice. but smaller than originally planned? More efficient maybe?

and apparently the facade looks to have been recentered on the goal posts.

either way I guess they re-thought shoe horning soccer locker rooms in there?

never understood that train of thought.

those guys deserve their own, NEW space. #RedHeadedStepchildren
The last Liberty team that was referred to by that term on this board ended up with some pretty nice digs. Just sayin. 8)
By tyndal23
Looks like there is room enough to squeeze an identical building right next to track building for soccer team ( at least from camera views )
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:I hope that soccer locker room idea was scrapped. Made zero sense.
I don't know what the soccer locker room idea was, but I heard yesterday, that we will be using soccer locker room for games, until FOC construction is finished.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: I don't know what the soccer locker room idea was, but I heard yesterday, that we will be using soccer locker room for games, until FOC construction is finished.
That is not accurate. Liberty locker room is slated to be complete before the season begins.

From the ASOR Article:
A Sea of Red wrote:The locker room and training room facilities are expected to be functional in time for the start of the 2019 football season.
From the N&A:
Ian McCaw wrote:We’ll have access to the locker room through the season. That portion of the building will be complete so we’ll be able to utilize the building.
From the LU Press Release:
Liberty wrote:A construction timeline is in place so that the locker room and training room facilities will be functional in time for the start of the 2019 football season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's what I thought. Apparently I was given bad information, but it came from reliable individual.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That's what I thought. Apparently I was given bad information, but it came from reliable individual.
Ballcoach, your sources are letting you down? :shock: Say it ain't so.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TF is not a reliable individual
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:That's what I thought. Apparently I was given bad information, but it came from reliable individual.
This was a NEW SOURCE, that I have never used before. Looks as if this individual's reliability is on the line.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
This was a NEW SOURCE, that I have never used before. Looks as if this individual's reliability is on the line.
If it’s a new source how do you know he’s/she/xe is reliable? The opposite seems to be true :dontgetit
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]