Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:33 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm I don't like our showing the students on big screen AFTER EVERY PLAY. Focus more on replays.
I think this is a generational difference. I hope I can explain this in a way that makes sense.

The students are the single largest and loudest part of the Bill. The students care about being noticed on Instagram and trying to have 5 seconds of screen time. Athletic events have to compete for not only their attention span. But also be their supplies for a sense of identity and dopamine.

Without the students the Bill looks like NMSU.

Please stop making suggestions that will alienate a massive and critical part of our gameday experience.
I guess it is a generational thing. All I want to see on scoreboard is the score, the stats and replays.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't know man, I've been to some pro games and seen some people about your age getting really into the music being played. Just sayin' :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:12 pm I've been to some pro games and seen some people about your age getting really into the music being played.
Really? I thought most people Ballcoach's age are DEAD. :wink:
LUOrange liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:33 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm I don't like our showing the students on big screen AFTER EVERY PLAY. Focus more on replays.
I think this is a generational difference. I hope I can explain this in a way that makes sense.

The students are the single largest and loudest part of the Bill. The students care about being noticed on Instagram and trying to have 5 seconds of screen time. Athletic events have to compete for not only their attention span. But also be their supplies for a sense of identity and dopamine.

Without the students the Bill looks like NMSU.

Please stop making suggestions that will alienate a massive and critical part of our gameday experience.
Will students really notice if their video board screen time is cut? Honestly asking. Is it really that big a deal to them?

Honestly, I think we created this beast. If they weren’t already on it so much, they wouldn’t know what they were missing. If that means now we have to keep feeding the beast, ok I guess.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK, my students literally keep score--of how many times they make the Jumbotron each game. Seriously. :shock: One student told me that he made it EIGHT times in a single game.
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:53 pmHonestly, I think we created this beast. If they weren’t already on it so much, they wouldn’t know what they were missing.
Sorry?

But seriously, the reason the students being on there so much when we started was three fold:

1) They brought a ton more energy than the Baptist side and energy breeds energy.

2) The only replays we had access to at the time were tv replays. We never knew until in the moment if they would go to a replay and then we had to try to catch it when they went to it.

3) If there was a controversial call on the field, we were not allowed to show the replay even if tv was showing it over and over. So instead we showed students who were likely reacting to what was going on.

The toothpaste is out of the tube at this point. I don’t think there’s any going back.
By LUOrange
Cider Jim wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:46 pm
thepostman wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:12 pm I've been to some pro games and seen some people about your age getting really into the music being played.
They call those folks Democrats.
By LUOrange
I do wish they'd show more replays and stay consistent with the offensive first down and defensive third down chants.

However, I enjoy seeing the students and little kids on the screen. It's fun and many of the kids are funny. The students bring both enthusiasm and extra entertainment to the games. The other key point here is that we're talkig about COLLEGE football. Let the students have some fun. For you "Get off my lawn Old Farts, " they're not on your lawn. Chill out and watch the game.
michaeleyou liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:15 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:46 pm
They call those folks Democrats.
So is ballcoach
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After church today, I toured campus and visited all of the construction in progress.
#1 Tour Guide was off today, thus I was on my own.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 5th, 2020, 2:21 pm :dontgetit

What is the point in telling us without pictures?
It’s his MO. Just wait. Someone will post pictures for him. And then he will say “Yes, this is what I saw”. You can’t actually expect him to do his own work can youL
ballcoach15 liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 3:36 pm Sooooo, is it all done? Wasn't the new timeline end of February?
The new timeline was end of February. The new/new timeline is spring break.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 3:36 pm Sooooo, is it all done? Wasn't the new timeline end of February?
The new timeline was end of February. The new/new timeline is spring break.
Hopefully the delays mean they are doing it right.
Purple Haize liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]