Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Hot and dry. I would suspect they have a date soon in the contract that will cost them if they dont have whatever was agreed to by season opener.

Its last year all over again.
Last edited by jinxy on August 21st, 2019, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
True, but the football games are on tv with 20k plus in stands. If it dorms or other buildings its not felt as much or at least not as bad visually.
By BlueBlood
I really thought they would get the field side exterior pretty much done before the SU game. I don’t see it happening anymore.

Kind of disappointing - especially considering that ODU pretty much built/rebuilt their entire stadium during the same offseason break and it looks like they have theirs ready to go.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Folks may be in for a surprise, come August 31st.

and for the record, I was informed that it's no longer the FOC, it's now the LFC.
By LUAlum1215
Seeing that work has to be wrapping up by Thursday so the area can be clean and prepped for Saturday, the brick won’t be done.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 8:41 am Folks may be in for a surprise, come August 31st.

and for the record, I was informed that it's no longer the FOC, it's now the LFC.
Do you pay attention to anything posted here by anybody but yourself? It has been discussed numerous times and mentioned by Manson in the great coverage he has provided all camp long. For someone who complains about certain things no t being covered, you are notoriously bad at not paying attention to some of the quality info that is provided by many of the members of this board.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I pay attention to board and other sources. My post was based on information I received earlier this week "on campus", while looking at LFC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 8:54 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 8:41 am Folks may be in for a surprise, come August 31st.

Do you pay attention to anything posted here by anybody but yourself? It has been discussed numerous times and mentioned by Manson in the great coverage he has provided all camp long. For someone who complains about certain things no t being covered, you are notoriously bad at not paying attention to some of the quality info that is provided by many of the members of this board.
It’s all about him. Always.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 9:32 am It'll always been the FOC to me.

I'm okay being a dinosaur on this one.
I don't know why, but I've never like the FOC name. With that said, it is going to very difficult to stop calling it that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:17 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 9:32 am It'll always been the FOC to me.

I don't know why, but I've never like the FOC name. With that said, it is going to very difficult to stop calling it that.
I'm with you on that one. :football
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:17 am

I worked there for 2.5 years so it's ingrained in me.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I remember that end of the field in 2004, when Gretna played in high school state championship game. Our locker room was the old metal shed/building, that apparently was left over from when the dairy was on the grounds.
By LU 57
I do not remember any shed in that endzone during the early nineties. Just a bunch of brush and groundhogs. Pretty sure the shed came later. In those days opposing teams used to go up to the locker room on the lower level of Hancock or use the meeting/training room in the fieldhouse during halftime.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think they can get it bricked but the glass wont be in just like the stadium last year. Theres actually not a ton of brick on those columns but the arches only allow you to go so high before they have to set up. I think they can get the facing done...all but the glass

And yes theyve moved so slow its unbelievable.
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 1:30 pm I do not remember any shed in that endzone during the early nineties. Just a bunch of brush and groundhogs. Pretty sure the shed came later. In those days opposing teams used to go up to the locker room on the lower level of Hancock or use the meeting/training room in the fieldhouse during halftime.
Where the FOC is, usd to be a gravel lot with David's place off to the left/west where the baseball stadium is. There was a small hill to the right/east of the gravel lot, probably around or in front of the corner of the indoor practice field, where there was an oversized metal garden shed. The visiting team would go there during half time, rather than walking all the way up to the Hancock Center where their locker room was.

I remember as a student in the mid-90's in Convo, Dr. Falwell lamenting how 1-AA conferences were discriminating against us for being Christian, and thinking to myself, "No. It's because you're putting their teams in a shed." Obviously, our inability to get into a 1-AA conference was more complicated than just a shed and just our being a Christian university.
By LU 57
I remember seeing it later, but did not remember it when I was there. Was a long time ago though.....
By Ethall15
Registration Days Posts
With just over 3 days left till the big game, are there any updates on the FOC renovations?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Didn't they hang something that looked like brick for graduation. Maybe they do that until the real brick goes up.
Dondi Costin - LU President

I can't imagine ballcoach being pleased with the l[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

What I don’t think gets considered enough is[…]

2024 Season Thread

Since getting swept by ECU a few weeks ago we have[…]

LaTech

Saw some good swings but offense is still not clic[…]