Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m just eager to hear ballcoach tell us all he’s known for month but was sworn to secrecy by the voices in his hea.....eerrrr... I mean #sources
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I’m just eager to hear ballcoach tell us all he’s known for month but was sworn to secrecy by the voices in his hea.....eerrrr... I mean #sources
He won't be able to pull that because he went on record saying he thought our first 4 star would be a tight end. The chances of this surprise player being a TE are pretty much zero.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I’m just eager to hear ballcoach tell us all he’s known for month but was sworn to secrecy by the voices in his hea.....eerrrr... I mean #sources
He won't be able to pull that because he went on record saying he thought our first 4 star would be a tight end. The chances of this surprise player being a TE are pretty much zero.
Oh ye of little faith. He will find a way
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The fact that he is downplaying how little he cares about recruiting is his way of backing away from his TE claim.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am not backing off, someone started this thread and I posted position I think it will be. If I am wrong I will admit it, and post reason why I thought it be a tight end. If I am right, I will post why I thought it be tight end, also.

Different people have different thoughts. Some people thought that someone other than Hugh Freeze would be our new coach. I still laugh at some names mentioned.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not backing off, someone started this thread and I posted position I think it will be. If I am wrong I will admit it, and post reason why I thought it be a tight end. If I am right, I will post why I thought it be tight end, also.

Different people have different thoughts. Some people thought that someone other than Hugh Freeze would be our new coach. I still laugh at some names mentioned.
I do too since a lot of them were posted to be funny but it would appear that the joke was lost on you.
By CCWMichael
If it is even a possibility I would assume a Lineman. I tried to review all of our current recruits and their HS teammates that are 4 stars. All signed with the likes of Penn State and other P5 schools. I then even went to the boards of where the 4 stars signed and all the boards are still discussing how and when these recruits will contribute.

4 stars I am aware of that are available.

Darnell Wright, OT from WV some have him a 5 star
Doug Nester, OG, WV
D'Von Ellies, DT, MD
Nick Cross, S, MD
Jared Harrison-Hunte, DT, NY
Keilan Robinson, RB, DC
Tre'Mon Morris-Brash, LB/DE, DC
MJ Devonshire, CB, PA
Smith Vilbert, DE, NJ
Charles Njoku, TE, NJ
Jerrion Ealy, five-star RB, MS --- the SIPP
Khris Bogle, DE, FL
Ishmael Sopsher, DT, LA
Kaiir Elam, CB, FL
Trevor Keegan, OL, ILL
Kayvon Thibodeaux, five-star DE, Cal
Jayden Daniels, QB, Cal
Will Putnam, OL, FL
Nakobe Dean, five-star LB, The SIPP

My bet is on Darnell Wright or Doug Nester
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im going asante final answer. If im right from my original 5 do i trump ballcoach as board nostradumus? :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Dropping more hints! :)
Looks more like an answer than a hint. The OP wanted a position and he said DB. I have no idea who it would be.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My sources aren't ballcoach quality, but I've heard that its probably a flip. I'm not sure if that helps you detectives out there but there you go.

I thought I knew until ASOR said it was a DB so now I'm stumped.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Unsigned 247 Four Star DBs
Elam
Cross
Richards
Gant
Hampton
Jay
Williams
Lee
Harris
Catalon
Johnson

I’m not gonna take the time to look at all the Juco 4 Star DBs or look at Rivals/ESPN rankings. But, this list may save someone some time, not sure how many of these have been mentioned, but it’s stated above that the mystery recruit has not been mentioned yet.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Fellas, how cool is this. We are for real popping off names of 4 star guys that we could potentially land tomorrow! This is night and day difference from last year from a talent level as well as an excitement level!

Thankful for ASOR and all involved to make this site possible. I can't imagine the sacrifice at times it is to provide us with good intel.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Unsigned 247 Four Star DBs
Elam
Cross
Richards
Gant
Hampton
Jay
Williams
Lee
Harris
Catalon
Johnson

I’m not gonna take the time to look at all the Juco 4 Star DBs or look at Rivals/ESPN rankings. But, this list may save someone some time, not sure how many of these have been mentioned, but it’s stated above that the mystery recruit has not been mentioned yet.

Elam - Out due to having been mentioned.
Cross - Out due to having been mentioned.
Richards - Possible, no mention found.
Gant - Possible, no mention found.
Hampton - Possible, no mention found.
Jay - Possible, no mention found.
Williams - Possible, no mention found.
Lee - Possible, no mention found.
Harris
Catalon - Possible, no mention found.
Johnson
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Freeze coached high school ball in Memphis... Maurice Hampton is from Memphis and is a 4 star DB. . . hmmm. Not to mention when you look at Hampton's 247 profile you will find one of our coaches as his main recruiter while this coach was at Ole Miss. . . Maurice Harris.

8)
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I was literally just editing my post to state my two favorites are:
Hampton - Heavy Memphis ties and crowded LSU class.
Williams - Solid Alabama ties and crowded UA class.
By LU 57
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Freeze coached high school ball in Memphis... Maurice Hampton is from Memphis and is a 4 star DB. . . hmmm. Not to mention when you look at Hampton's 247 profile you will find one of our coaches as his main recruiter while this coach was at Ole Miss. . . Maurice Harris.

8)
Would be an unreal get. He is an all-world baseball player with a Perfect Game rating of 10. My guess is Coach Jackson could find a spot for him.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]