Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Excited for FOC. In addition to increased marketing / social media budget next step should be high end housing for all athletes ( must include regular students as part of the residency to stay within NCAA guidelines). Other than stadium size - all other aspects of our program(s) should be high end P5 level.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college- ... ntered-the
By Jonathan Carone
I hope this doesn’t happen. I know the reasoning is to be like the big boys, but our dorms are an integral part of spiritual life at Liberty. Our athletes — many of which are not Christians when they get here — need to be around regular students to be a part of what makes Liberty special.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote:I hope this doesn’t happen. I know the reasoning is to be like the big boys, but our dorms are an integral part of spiritual life at Liberty. Our athletes — many of which are not Christians when they get here — need to be around regular students to be a part of what makes Liberty special.
Great point JC - out of curiosity is FB team currently clumped together ( under Gill ) in same dorm or were they intermingled throughout campus ? Rutigliano spread us out all over campus after prior coach had us all in same dorm on the hill. I think OU has 1/3 of Headington Hall as regular students which is about the number they feel wont bring NCAA down on them. Between 1/3 regular students and required Convo we can wow them and save them at the same time...
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
When Nick came in in 2010 it was him and another player and 3 non athletes in his apartment if i'm not mistaken. It was across 460 from the vines, might be wrong but I think they called it East. I don't know what more improving they need because it was very nice. However i'm pretty sure they were new or at least only a year or two old at the time. It offered a lot of things in the complex to do if you had the time to do them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I hope this doesn’t happen. I know the reasoning is to be like the big boys, but our dorms are an integral part of spiritual life at Liberty. Our athletes — many of which are not Christians when they get here — need to be around regular students to be a part of what makes Liberty special.
This is inevitable
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Man I agree I hope this doesn’t happen! I was an RA on a football dorm in the not too distant past and I’m with Carone! Some of these kids desperately need to be in the environment that is built by a standard dorm. I will say that when I was there the RAs for football dorms were specifically selected due to their ability to connect with the players. Many move off campus when they get the chance, but I really think it’s beneficial for them to be mixed in.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Alot of the athletes on various teams live in dorms. I remember when I was on East, I visited some friends during open dorms and many of the women's basketball players lived in that building as well. It really wouldn't surprise me if alot of tbe football players were in the same building or area of campus. I agree that there should not be a "football players only" dorm, but with the significant growth of the football roster, something will have to be done I think.
By CapnMac
When I was on on campus I lived on East and we had many of the soccer players on our dorm every year. Seemed like the baseball players were in our area as well.

I agree with JC as well. I'd rather have the athletes continue to be mixed in with everyone else.
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]