Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Players will be reporting to campus for the Spring semester in the next few days and we know that 2 underclassmen have transferred already (McConnel-WR and Lester-DB) and you have to think that a few more will as well. With that said, is there any word on who some of those might be and I may have missed this information but who are the 2019 signees that will be enrolling for the Spring semester?

Just for fun: who do yall think might transfer out?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hate specualting on who might transfer. No upside to that discussion.
By Class of 20Something
I would suspect some student athletes are trying to figure out if they are capable of fighting up the depth chart or not right now. I think practices will weed out at least two or three depth guys that are not used to the work that HCHF will put on them. Getting a transfer to a mid to high tier FCS program is without transfer penalty and they can work for playing time almost immediately.

I don't want it to happen, but I think the deepest position group on the roster right now is RB. None of those four would have been a back up 5 years ago.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hopefully no one will transfer out
Why would you say that? Without a doubt there are at least a couple of players who would benefit both themselves and the team by transferring to a program where their talents can be better utilized and thus opening up a scholarship we can use to meet a need. These are win/win situations, and they need to happen, or they become lose/lose.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Why would you say that?
If you have to ask, you clearly don’t read the forums or know Ballcoach. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
To Ballcoach, "transfer" is a DIRTY word. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:To Ballcoach, "transfer" is a DIRTY word. :nono
I misread that. I thought he meant “I hope no one transfers IN”
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Why would you say that?
If you have to ask, you clearly don’t read the forums or know Ballcoach. :lol:
Oh, I'm very familiar with his position on the matter. I would just once like to see him try to provide some sort of rationale for it.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I think his position is simple: You make a commitment, you keep it. I agree with him principle, if not in practice. These students don't have "four year contracts." It needs to go both ways. I also think that coaching changes play a part. There are many legitimate reasons for a student to transfer.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I think his position is simple: You make a commitment, you keep it. I agree with him principle, if not in practice. These students don't have "four year contracts." It needs to go both ways. I also think that coaching changes play a part. There are many legitimate reasons for a student to transfer.
I don't think there are many. Only one I can think of is, if there's an illness in player's family.
By Class of 20Something
If coaches can jump to another program of their own volition to further their career, why can't an athlete do the same? The coach pays the buyout, the player sits out a season.
By Jonathan Carone
If a coach says to a player, "Hey, you're only going to be good enough to be a 3rd string player and likely won't get a lot of playing time" then the player should have the right to choose if he wants to stay in that position or go somewhere else.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:If a coach says to a player, "Hey, you're only going to be good enough to be a 3rd string player and likely won't get a lot of playing time" then the player should have the right to choose if he wants to stay in that position or go somewhere else.
+1

I would respect a coach more for being that blunt too.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:If a coach says to a player, "Hey, you're only going to be good enough to be a 3rd string player and likely won't get a lot of playing time" then the player should have the right to choose if he wants to stay in that position or go somewhere else.
+1

I would respect a coach more for being that blunt too.
+2

I kinda would rather a coach be up front with me about that sort of thing...that said, i would also hope that players don't simply hop from school to school looking for playing time
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Players come for the coaches more than the school.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Any word on the final count on early enrollees? I know that Johnathan Bennett is one of them but how many of our juco guys?

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]