Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
I’m trying to be snarky! But I also want your football coach up in Morgantown[/quote wrote:
He is bailing to Houston is the word
I’ve been on that since Friday. He had moving trucks at his house over the weekend. He also didn’t come back to Morgantown with the team
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Money, job security, familiar surroundings.

He had run his course in Morgantown. Never totally fit. Consistently underachieved too-high expectations of a irrational fan base. Got everything he asked for from admins, underachieves, so doesn’t get the guaranteed extension he wants.

PH, he routinely didn’t come back with team from road trips. But you’re right, that was first sign. He’s pulled the “flirt with others” for an extension before, too. It wasn’t going to work this time.

I could live with Doc. But I don’t think much of WVU Nation could. I think Luke Fickel and Neal Brown are frontrunners now, neck and neck. Fickel has serious connections to current admin, and Brown is successful G5 with Big XII coordinator experience.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Money, job security, familiar surroundings.

He had run his course in Morgantown. Never totally fit. Consistently underachieved too-high expectations of a irrational fan base. Got everything he asked for from admins, underachieves, so doesn’t get the guaranteed extension he wants.

PH, he routinely didn’t come back with team from road trips. But you’re right, that was first sign. He’s pulled the “flirt with others” for an extension before, too. It wasn’t going to work this time.

I could live with Doc. But I don’t think much of WVU Nation could. I think Luke Fickel and Neal Brown are frontrunners now, neck and neck. Fickel has serious connections to current admin, and Brown is successful G5 with Big XII coordinator experience.
Doc has been on a wishlist for fans since that guy who went to Michigan was there
I would love to see Heupel. As I’m watching the LSU game he seems to be a good fit. Of course he’s got Frosts players but still he’s doing well.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I like Doc. But what other fans?

The NCAA Tourney game last year brought to the surface again how I believe WVU’s fan base feels about Marshall. Could the fans and admins get past the fact he’s coming from Marshall? I just think there would be an overwhelming sense of, “Can’t we do better?” Maybe I’m wrong.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I like Doc. But what other fans?

The NCAA Tourney game last year brought to the surface again how I believe WVU’s fan base feels about Marshall. Could the fans and admins get past the fact he’s coming from Marshall? I just think there would be an overwhelming sense of, “Can’t we do better?” Maybe I’m wrong.

I’ve heard him mentioned a lot. He’d be fine with the fan base because he’s a good coach and they know that. Plus, it’s not a bad thing to spend a few years on JV before moving up to Varsity
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:What!!?? Why would a coach leave a P5 school for a little ol' AAC school?????
Have you been to Morgantown? :brownbag :vomit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
thepostman wrote:What!!?? Why would a coach leave a P5 school for a little ol' AAC school?????
Have you been to Morgantown? :brownbag :vomit
Not getting an argument from me. Only place worse is Huntington! :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I purposefully avoid the entire state of west Virginia
We don’t allow your kind there anyways
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Let's get this thread in the right direction.
How long before LU makes it's first New Years Bowl? :football :football :football

When LU makes it's first "New Years Bowl" is impossible to predict right now.
By tyndal23
IF Army rather than UCF was undefeated in 2018 or the highest ranked non P5 by Committee- would they have made the NY6 Bowl as an Independent - specifically are Independents also included in “Group of 5 “ ? IF NOT LU has yet another obstacle to overcome.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:it’s not a bad thing to spend a few years on JV before moving up to Varsity
Good point.
Apparently that was Holgerson's thought as well. HaHa
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:IF Army rather than UCF was undefeated in 2018 or the highest ranked non P5 by Committee- would they have made the NY6 Bowl as an Independent - specifically are Independents also included in “Group of 5 “ ? IF NOT LU has yet another obstacle to overcome.
If that was the case then that would mean Army would've won at Oklahoma which certiantly would have made it interesting.

I doubt they'd get the invite for the invitational though.
By tyndal23
But they aren’t in a G5 Conference so ( and I have been researching since asking and reading on BYU blogs ) from my understanding in that scenario UCF would still get the G5 Autobid not Army (liberty,mass,BYU,NMSU ) Only scenario of NY6 for Army would have been an At Large Bid - which I don’t know enough about - seems like the bowl tie in’s would leave out an Indepentent no matter how good their record was. If I am understanding correctly autobid is highest ranked G5 conference member ONLY and not highest ranked G5 Conference member OR Independent. ( ND not part of this )
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: