Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By OMGrad_LibertyDad
Folks, I'm glad to be here to discuss sports etc. I'm an Ole Miss Alum and ex-player. I played for Tommy Tuberville. My daughter is a freshman here at Liberty and we were thrilled to learn that Coach Hugh Freeze was hired by the Flames. I have met CHF a few times and attended practices while he was at Ole Miss and enjoyed his speeches at events, fundraisers, etc. Folks, you are getting a great coach who really loves his players, develops them well, recruits well, and he can light the scoreboard up.

There will be a lot of Ole Miss fans cheering for CHF and the Flames! We miss him and his family. We all understand that God has a plan(s) for all of us and God's plan for CHF is coaching again and what a great place to restart a career here at Liberty University. My family and I will be attending games here every season. Looking forward to learning the traditions etc. The wonderful campus here is special - I have toured it twice now. I'm very happy and please CHF is your new football coach and he will bring in a great staff. Please be patient. I know it's hard.....believe me, I played for a team that just received almost the Death Penalty (Probation) and we turned things around and went blowing. CHF and this team will get to it's first bowl game very soon.

Go Flames!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
OMgrad, you'll be pleased to know that you're not the only Ole Miss alum on this board. :welcome I graduated from Ole Miss in '93 and have been at LU for 33 years.

If you make it up for an LU game, you're welcome to join our tailgate. It's not the Grove, but I promise you will we welcomed and well fed, and you'll probably even hear some old Oxford stories about William Faulkner, John Grisham, Square Books, the Gin, the Hoka, Ruth & Jimmie's, and Taylor's catfish.
By CCWMichael
OMGrad_LibertyDad wrote:Folks, I'm glad to be here to discuss sports etc. I'm an Ole Miss Alum and ex-player. I played for Tommy Tuberville. My daughter is a freshman here at Liberty and we were thrilled to learn that Coach Hugh Freeze was hired by the Flames. I have met CHF a few times and attended practices while he was at Ole Miss and enjoyed his speeches at events, fundraisers, etc. Folks, you are getting a great coach who really loves his players, develops them well, recruits well, and he can light the scoreboard up.

There will be a lot of Ole Miss fans cheering for CHF and the Flames! We miss him and his family. We all understand that God has a plan(s) for all of us and God's plan for CHF is coaching again and what a great place to restart a career here at Liberty University. My family and I will be attending games here every season. Looking forward to learning the traditions etc. The wonderful campus here is special - I have toured it twice now. I'm very happy and please CHF is your new football coach and he will bring in a great staff. Please be patient. I know it's hard.....believe me, I played for a team that just received almost the Death Penalty (Probation) and we turned things around and went blowing. CHF and this team will get to it's first bowl game very soon.

Go Flames!
Welcome aboard!
By Old Red
Welcome!
I’m a Liberty grad, but have been an Ole Miss fan for well over 20 years. I was actually at a game that Tuberville coached back in ‘98. It was the LSU game, & the Rebels won in overtime.
Oxford’s a great place! My wife & I will be joining some friends for the Ole Miss game when we play them in ‘21.
We’re glad to have Coach Freeze on board & are hopeful for great things in the time that he’s here. Hope to catch you a LU game this year. Go Flames & Hotty Toddy!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
OMGrad_LibertyDad wrote:Folks, I'm glad to be here to discuss sports etc. I'm an Ole Miss Alum and ex-player. I played for Tommy Tuberville. My daughter is a freshman here at Liberty and we were thrilled to learn that Coach Hugh Freeze was hired by the Flames. I have met CHF a few times and attended practices while he was at Ole Miss and enjoyed his speeches at events, fundraisers, etc. Folks, you are getting a great coach who really loves his players, develops them well, recruits well, and he can light the scoreboard up.

Go Flames!
Welcome aboard. Be sure to join the Flames Club. Tell them that David Brown recommended that you do so. (I do get some points if you mention my name). I would join at the Directors Level if you are able to make most of the games. (I drive 2 1/2 hours each way for the games) The food is great and the people are also a lot of fun. You will really enjoy it, no matter the level you ultimately choose. Again, welcome to the board.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts

Go Flames!
Glad to have you and hear your perspective. Go Flames! :football

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]