Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
What is the plan and when is it starting ? Where are the temp offices / lockers / weight room going to be ?
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote:What is the plan and when is it starting ? Where are the temp offices / lockers / weight room going to be ?
Temp offices are in or next to. IPF. The inside of the FOC is getting emptied.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The LU model still hasn’t changed. “Put it up quick. Fix it later”
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
According to my son, who works in the FOC, they're already chasing folks out of the building so they can begin construction. I thought they were just adding a couple of wings to the building, but they're apparently gutting the whole thing and remodeling it.
By LUAlum1215
This is true. Move out was last week and being finished up now. Demo will start soon. Imagine Coach will have a say in the design plans before they start construction.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The LU model still hasn’t changed. “Put it up quick. Fix it later”
You'd think we would learn after a $1B campus reconstruction, but here we are.
By ElmersTwin
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:The LU model still hasn’t changed. “Put it up quick. Fix it later”
You'd think we would learn after a $1B campus reconstruction, but here we are.
My favorite part of this remodel is that they could have finally re-centered the FOC to the field, but now they can't due to the newly installed jumbotron.
By Old Red
I was listening to an episode of the Liberty Flames Podcast yesterday (I think it was the December 14th episode), & the guys mentioned seeing some FOC renderings that were different from what had been previously released.
Specifically, they mentioned the FOC actually joining the IPC, & even hinted at a possible additional level.
Anybody else seen or heard anything yet?
By cruzan_flame13
Old Red wrote:I was listening to an episode of the Liberty Flames Podcast yesterday (I think it was the December 14th episode), & the guys mentioned seeing some FOC renderings that were different from what had been previously released.
Specifically, they mentioned the FOC actually joining the IPC, & even hinted at a possible additional level.
Anybody else seen or heard anything yet?

Do you have a link for this podcast?
By Old Red
I just found it through the Apple podcast app. Not sure if there is a link to listen online or not.
By cruzan_flame13
Old Red wrote:I just found it through the Apple podcast app. Not sure if there is a link to listen online or not.
That’s all I needed, thanks!
By tyndal23
Found it - episode 19 and yes it was 12/14 - discusses it in first 5 minutes - ( a blue print / rendering left after a meeting which looked much wider and connected to IFC and possibly another level - doesn’t mean it is approved or official but pretty exciting that they are discussing it)
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote:Found it - episode 19 and yes it was 12/14 - discusses it in first 5 minutes - ( a blue print / rendering left after a meeting which looked much wider and connected to IFC and possibly another level - doesn’t mean it is approved or official but pretty exciting that they are discussing it)
Remember the video that LU football posted near the the beginning of the season? They had some players posing and the background look like a furnace? It would be awesome if it looked like that in the hallway heading to the renovated locker room. Imagine the locker room doors were like stainless steel, and once the doors are open, the room appears to look like it’s surrounded by molten lava based on the lighting. I’m just throwing up ideas but I know they have some nice things ahead of them. I hope the new blueprint comes to fruition though and include a restaurant style environment in the third floor for V.I.Ps lol
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What is projected finish date of new FOC ? Hopefully plans are already drawn and construction cab begin soon.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I really want to see the designs. If they are going to add a level and connect it to the IFC it sounds like Hugh gave his input. Could be a Clemson/Texas level facility.
By Class of 20Something
ballah09 wrote:I really want to see the designs. If they are going to add a level and connect it to the IFC it sounds like Hugh gave his input. Could be a Clemson/Texas level facility.
Well the connection to the indoor was inevitable. NCAA regs would let the team travel from the FOC to the indoor or vice versa in thunder storms. It totally defeats the purpose of it being built. It only makes sense to connect them to fill this requirement.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am at FOC now, checking out construction. The construction fence is up. No sign of work yet.
By LUAlum1215
There are no plans for either an additional level nor a connector to the IPF. The current 4 exterior walls will essentially become interior walls with additional "wings" built on the east and west sides, as well as an addition to the north of the building.
By cruzan_flame13
LUAlum1215 wrote:There are no plans for either an additional level nor a connector to the IPF. The current 4 exterior walls will essentially become interior walls with additional "wings" built on the east and west sides, as well as an addition to the north of the building.
That’s what was told to us before. How do you know that is not subject to change?
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
So, leading up to the hiring of HF I was a little bit criticized for my opinion of paying big money for a coach since we “weren’t there yet”. My thought was that a coach would have a bigger impact on program success than facilities alone would. We seem to be all for spending money on facilities, but I’m wondering how all-in we are with the FOC. I have checked out South Carolina’s new football facility and others that have been recently renovated and I wonder are we about to do something that needs to be redone in 5 years after Freeze takes us to the next level, OR are we going to go ahead and spend an insane amount of money to make it on par with top P5 schools. Hiring Freeze and making facility upgrades all across campus seems to portray that we are all-in, but if we go light on this renovation I’m gonna be a little bit confused as to what our 5-10 year plan is.

With all that being said, do y’all think we should go big now, or simply upgrade and go big in 5-10 years?

EDIT: Confused wasn’t the right word, if we go minor here I believe it will show is that administration is content with another 10-15 years before we will “arrive” and plan to go big in that window.
Last edited by FLAMEfromBAMA on January 14th, 2019, 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:So, leading up to the hiring of HF I was a little bit criticized for my opinion of paying big money for a coach since we “weren’t there yet”. My thought was that a coach would have a bigger impact on program success than facilities alone would. We seem to be all for spending money on facilities, but I’m wondering how all-in we are with the FOC. I have checked out South Carolina’s new football facility and others that have been recently renovated and I wonder are we about to do something that needs to be redone in 5 years after Freeze takes us to the next level, OR are we going to go ahead and spend an insane amount of money to make it on par with top P5 schools. Hiring Freeze and making facility upgrades all across campus seems to portray that we are all-in, but if we go light on this renovation I’m gonna be a little bit confused as to what our 5-10 year plan is.

With all that being said, do y’all think we should go big now, or simply upgrade and go big in 5-10 years?
The Liberty Way is Build Now, Rebuild Later. The FOC is a relatively new building yet they are already replacing it. At this point, in for a pence in for a pound. That means ‘exclusive’ dining areas, dorms etc
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]