Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Previous reports indicated that "Between the 2018 and 2019 seasons, work will focus on the west side of the stadium, where new loge seating areas will be constructed. That phase is set to be completed before kickoff of the 2019 season."
By LUAlum1215
Nothing official, but the word I’ve been hearing for a while has been the West side renovations are on hold while the FOC is completed. At first both projects were going to happen at the same time but it sounds as if that’s no longer the case.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Correct. The only 2 things for this offseason was redoing the berm and the FOC update. I think they want to see what freeze will do before building the new boxes. Would be nice to get it wrapped up but the buildings are close enough to not look too aged.

I was also told the only thing that could change that was jr ha
By LUOrange
I think the luge boxes are a bad idea right now, as is the bleacher reserved seating on the Baptist side. I think expecting people to pay Cadillac prices for a Chevy that they view as a Pinto is setting yourself up for failure. They need to continue building the brand and creating brand loyalty before jumping too far into "what they big boys are doing" even if many of the changes and increases were moderate. Weather played a factor, but attendance was down significantly and it was almost non-existent for the NMSU and NSU games. Without the students our attendance sucked this year and they need to fix it.
By tyndal23
It doesn’t effect seating so do it -makes makes the stadium look quite a bit bigger and modern - even the lowered roof line ( last sketch I saw ) takes it from stands with a big press box look to a full stadium feel.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Correct. The only 2 things for this offseason was redoing the berm and the FOC update. I think they want to see what freeze will do before building the new boxes. Would be nice to get it wrapped up but the buildings are close enough to not look too aged.

I was also told the only thing that could change that was jr ha
re-do the berm? what's wrong with it?
It is too steep and they can't allow people to sit on it if they want to...or at least that is my guess.

Even if they do fix it they should keep it closed until they can consistently fill the GA bleachers on a regular basis
I’m not convinced they “fix” anything. Before the turf was laid down, they reworked the grade to make it more even with the bleachers on each side. I’m of the opinion that was done with forthought to complete the horseshoe on the lower level. With Freeze now here, that could happen sooner than first though. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t touch the berm just to save redoing the work later.
ballcoach15 wrote:I was told by a good source that eventually the horseshoe stadium will happen.

With AstroTurf there now I don't believe fans can sit there without sliding to bottom.
When did they put in AstroTurf :dontgetit
By tyndal23
Loved the 2 bowl of Flames on the entrance - really would look great year round - whatever happened to that ? Safety issue of having Nat Gas or Propane feed that close to road ? Or it that coming next phase ?
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I was told by a good source that eventually the horseshoe stadium will happen.

With AstroTurf there now I don't believe fans can sit there without sliding to bottom.
It's not AstroTurf, it looked and felt like the green outdoor carpet. Nothing like the turf on the field.
LUGrad2000 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

It's not AstroTurf, it looked and felt like the green outdoor carpet. Nothing like the turf on the field.
Well the man said AstroTurf. I wondered if LU was starting to cut corners :lol:
Jonathan Carone wrote:AstroTurf is now just like field turf. The AstroTurf company did the football field in Williams and in IPF and likely did the berm too.

In other words:

Ballcoach was right?!

Holy bleep!

Ballcoach was right!
Been listening to Le Betard?
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:AstroTurf is now just like field turf. The AstroTurf company did the football field in Williams and in IPF and likely did the berm too.

In other words:

Ballcoach was right?!

Holy bleep!

Ballcoach was right!
Been listening to Le Betard?
Calling it like Steven A
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

In other words:

Ballcoach was right?!

Holy bleep!

Ballcoach was right!
Please stop encouraging his madness
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]