Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I like the thinking.
What matters? Get the ball back. Only allow field goals.
What occurs in between may not be as important.
So, I concur with his statement (I am sure that matters to him).
I am figure he is going to try to bring in a proven defensive guy in his stated parameters. Iknow, that is really insightful :D With us running RPO we will need a solid D that can endure.
Can we step up next year?
I would hope with the right coaching (challenges and education) we can be much better next year.
The expectations of this coach is winning. At least that is my feels.
I can't wait till we find out who runs our D so we can begin to explore our future look. :football
By CCWMichael
Jonathan Carone wrote:What will be interesting to me is how we will transition from a 4-2-5 to a more traditional defense with at least three linebackers.
Any athletic kid at about 6'1 and 220 can fill this spot. The real need is being able to cover all types of skilled players and still maintain staying square. No doubt tackiling skills here are a huge factor. We need to go throught them not be drug by them.
What we have now I would search our best special teams fits and or our newbs coming in and hope we have the skilled guys to teach.
Who knows, we may stay 4-2-5. The spread is real and the nickle may be one of the best options but it is still tough to defend a solid spread without proper technique and reads. We need a real strong/smart secondary for the nickle.
Another nickle is the 3-3-5
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]