Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
TH Spangler wrote::lol:

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2018/12/7 ... s-football
Looks like John has a few issues.
He is not the trash (troll) talk worth replying to.
Given their own NCAA violations in B-BAll --- but i digress.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basket ... im-boeheim

He does have a point with talent level but they may be out coached. :cheerleader
Talent does not equal victories ---- they still need to be coached!
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
It's kind of amusing how people don't grasp the essence of the gospel. We have all sinned and in need of a Savior. It's ALL about second chances. We knew we would face the barbs and that's okay. I think it's compounded by (bias alert) Jr's unwavering support of a flawed individual who's unrepentant that taint's things but that's okay. We all need forgiveness.
By LU 57
Just John wrote:It's kind of amusing how people don't grasp the essence of the gospel. We have all sinned and in need of a Savior. It's ALL about second chances. We knew we would face the barbs and that's okay. I think it's compounded by (bias alert) Jr's unwavering support of a flawed individual who's unrepentant that taint's things but that's okay. We all need forgiveness.
+1
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:It's kind of amusing how people don't grasp the essence of the gospel. We have all sinned and in need of a Savior. It's ALL about second chances. We knew we would face the barbs and that's okay. I think it's compounded by (bias alert) Jr's unwavering support of a flawed individual who's unrepentant that taint's things but that's okay. We all need forgiveness.
I know where are getting at but the bolded part of your statement kind of makes me sad but at the same time unbelievably grateful.

God's grace will never make sense to me but I thank Him for it!
By CCWMichael
lawrenceq wrote:More to come. Two controversial hires and a Trump fanboy as president will get you clowned

Just makes me think.
Many recruits and others follow these "posters" of information. Welcome to FBS
These moments are actually a great opportunity for Flames fans to show the true (spirit) side of the Word.
What a chance to grow the kingdom.
By Jonathan Carone
CCWMichael wrote:These moments are actually a great opportunity for Flames fans to show the true (spirit) side of the Word.
I actually wish we would've spoken into this side of things more with the Freeze hire. We mentioned it in passing but most of it was veiled.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
I know where are getting at but the bolded part of your statement kind of makes me sad but at the same time unbelievably grateful.

God's grace will never make sense to me but I thank Him for it!
+1
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:These moments are actually a great opportunity for Flames fans to show the true (spirit) side of the Word.
I actually wish we would've spoken into this side of things more with the Freeze hire. We mentioned it in passing but most of it was veiled.
Don't disagree but nothing like people attacking our beliefs that can tend to draw us together. Not the best reason but true nonetheless.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Here´s just a tiny bit of smack for Syracuse.

Malik Caper is going to be a Liberty Flame.

And I wouldn´t be so quick to call Hugh Freeze´s tiny little pot of NCAA issues black while you have Jim Boehiem with an enormous kettle that has been collecting soot for 40 years.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
:dontgetit

Got curious this morning and did a search for Hugh Freeze on Google and then Bing. I was amazed. Google's top articles were by the Daily Beast, Yahoo Sports and Dead Spin and Bing's were Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, ESPN. Hard to believe the language in the Daily Beast linked article. I plan to start using Bing more.
By TexanMark
ballcoach15 wrote:I respect Syracuse for being first P5 team to come to Williams Stadium and their coach is a class act
Cuse fan here. Thank you.

I'm actually excited to play a game at Liberty. I love checking out new venues where my team plays at. I think your program has a good chance to become "BYU of the east" (sportswise). The G5 conferences are nuts not to invite you.

Our Cuse fan base is mostly NE liberal leaning professionals and more conservative and bluecollar local fans from Central and Upstate NY. The problem with modern education is the secular extreme left leaning agenda is shoved down the students' throats and feeds a liberal intolerance. I tell most millennials I meet you'll change after owning a house and having kids.

I'm not a very religious person but I also recognize that tolerance of others is essential (as long as they are not abusing human rights or breaking laws).

That said we'll have plenty of intolerant fans who will bash your school, leadership and team. Ofcourse, the vast majority of them won't be at the game and are just Internet tough guys.
By Class of 20Something
TexanMark wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I respect Syracuse for being first P5 team to come to Williams Stadium and their coach is a class act
Cuse fan here. Thank you.

I'm actually excited to play a game at Liberty. I love checking out new venues where my team plays at. I think your program has a good chance to become "BYU of the east" (sportswise). The G5 conferences are nuts not to invite you.

Our Cuse fan base is mostly NE liberal leaning professionals and more conservative and bluecollar local fans from Central and Upstate NY. The problem with modern education is the secular extreme left leaning agenda is shoved down the students' throats and feeds a liberal intolerance. I tell most millennials I meet you'll change after owning a house and having kids.

I'm not a very religious person but I also recognize that tolerance of others is essential (as long as they are not abusing human rights or breaking laws).

That said we'll have plenty of intolerant fans who will bash your school, leadership and team. Ofcourse, the vast majority of them won't be at the game and are just Internet tough guys.
Welcome to the board! Make sure to check out the board before the game. You get invited to a few tailgates.

Do you think starting on the road is going to be necessary for your stadium renovation?
By TexanMark
Yes...the school wanted to add a few more weeks of construction time. Liberty benefited by that. Glad we can be the first P5 school to visit your newly expanded stadium
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Another Texan?? We already have too many of those around here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid!

Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to playing Syracuse. It'll be interesting to see if they start the year in the Top 25.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TexanMark wrote:I'm actually excited to play a game at Liberty. I love checking out new venues where my team plays at.
Mark, I'm not a Texan either, but I married one in El Paso. If you come to the game, you are welcome to tailgate with Cider and company! My wife's family (her parents) were originally from upstate New York in the Buffalo area, and 2 of our tailgaters are transplants from upstate New York (Greene area), so you'll be among friends at our tailgate.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, did she speak English? Did you break her heart? :denied
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]