Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Logic
- We had people debating about FCS vs. FBS?
- Can you look back and believe we actually had people that wanted to stay FCS?
- To make the “Playoffs?”
- Needed more success at the FCS level, they said.

Freazing crazy if you ask me.

We won more FBS games this year (4) than Big South games in our final year (2).

Let that sink in.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote:We won more FBS games this year (4) than Big South games in our final year (2).
:shock: :oops: :shock: Sounds like Coach Gill peaked at the right time!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Remember when those of us who didn't think we should have moved up admitted they were wrong? I certainly have done so many times. It appears to have been the right decision and it appears I was wrong.

I have no issue admitting when I am wrong. Some others on this board on the other hand...
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:Remember when those of us who didn't think we should have moved up admitted they were wrong? I certainly have done so many times. It appears to have been the right decision and it appears I was wrong.

I have no issue admitting when I am wrong. Some others on this board on the other hand...
Can give you credit and respect for doing so. At least we have things to discussed for the next couple of months :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Remember when some said going the Indy route was crazy :lol:
Some of still think it’s not a viable long term option. Ha
By gerb
Would Freeze have taken the role if we were in the Sunbelt and our schedule was loaded with Sunbelt games for the next 5 years? Indy may have helped us in recruiting him.
By cruzan_flame13
gerb wrote:Would Freeze have taken the role if we were in the Sunbelt and our schedule was loaded with Sunbelt games for the next 5 years? Indy may have helped us in recruiting him.
You are correct. I’m very thankful that we are not in the Sun Belt and also Conference USA. We need to create opportunities, which is more likely to occur going the independent route. If we can be developed and play at a P5 level, we will reach those goals of what JFSR visioned for this university. Prepare for the mocking and attacks! We should be used to that just by stating that we’re Christ followers. That nudge I had awhile back wasn’t as crazy as I thought; so much to aim for for the next few years! The late 2010’s-2020’s+ seem to be looking bright!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote:Would Freeze have taken the role if we were in the Sunbelt and our schedule was loaded with Sunbelt games for the next 5 years? Indy may have helped us in recruiting him.
I think so yes. The job at LU especially for him, is more than FB.
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
You are correct. I’m very thankful that we are not in the Sun Belt and also Conference USA. We need to create opportunities, which is more likely to occur going the independent route. If we can be developed and play at a P5 level, we will reach those goals of what JFSR visioned for this university. Prepare for the mocking and attacks! We should be used to that just by stating that we’re Christ followers. That nudge I had awhile back wasn’t as crazy as I thought; so much to aim for for the next few years! The late 2010’s-2020’s+ seem to be looking bright!
Careful Cruzan - board will start calling you crazy for even thinking about Indy P5 scheduling and success inside 30 years...:)
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Careful Cruzan - board will start calling you crazy for even thinking about Indy P5 scheduling and success inside 30 years...:)
I’ve been called crazy or look aid drinking several times since I got here lol. I wouldn’t mind a few P5’s; about 2-3 low P5 and one that’s better. It’s not impossible to get deals, but I’m not sure going 5 or more is sufficient for the next few years. Never hold back Tyndal :D
By CCWMichael
Admittedly, FBS from FCS given our history and no conference a yuge jump.
Ian --- props! Great scheduling given a short time frame.
Who can we draw now with the Freeze on board.
The timing to be able to draw the Freeze.
If we can hold this kind of momentum the heavens are the limit.
But, a conference given bowl deals and current playoffs would be a big help.
ACC -- here we come <----- First prediction, actually: I am saying it will happen :checkeredflag

This will be fun.
As a side note I like the new Flames club site that informes you of your number in selecting football tickets.
Would not be an issue at FCS
May be very important in a few short years. <<<---- another prediction first.
Nostradamus out!
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
I thought they should have stayed FCS. I'll own it. Make the playoffs and compete for a championship vs play in a bowl game.

But nobody knows and cares who won the FCS championship. Nobody knows and cares who played in the Cure Bowl either, but I digress.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:I thought they should have stayed FCS. I'll own it. Make the playoffs and compete for a championship vs play in a bowl game.

But nobody knows and cares who won the FCS championship. Nobody knows and cares who played in the Cure Bowl either, but I digress.
Quick. Who is playing in the Cure Bowl this year without Googling?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tulane and Louisiana (I Yahoo'ed it). :typing
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It would have been more convenient for those two schools to split the difference in Red Stick.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
But then no week of Mickie Mouse and go karts and coaches press conferences.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]