Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
flameshaw wrote:Don't like 3-4 but, it has to work better than what we have had in the last few years.
Many do not but still an nickle coverage that works..
With what we have if we go 4-3 -- the defense Penn State has run for decades is also credible.

Most defenses have some struggles against the spread.
I prefer the 3-4 as it adds an extra player with flexibility to adapt on the move.

Thenline is most critical in the 3-4 as they need to be able to two gap. Then the linebackers matter.
$-3 it is big time linebacker strength --- andd PSU certainly puts out quality Linebackers on a consistent basis.

Then again, I played ILB so my view is skewed.
By CCWMichael
I forgot to add WHY I prefer 3-4.
The fact it is easier to hide the blitz position which aids in slowing the spread if the QB can be disrupted quicker.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What is a "Chief of Staff" as it pertains to football ? I am familiar with C of S in the Military and government, but not football.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ALL COACHES are on the LU website, complete with bios and pics.

announcement: https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 9&teamID=9

AND

pics/bios: https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 4&teamID=9

PS--yes, I acknowledge that Ballcoach was RIGHT again! :clapping :oldhag :shock:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Please don't. that sent him into a tailspin giving him such a big head which eventually lead him to criticize high school girls.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:It's been proven he wasnt the first to call HF being hired so clearly facts mean very little to him
Post, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate but ballcoach will just shake it off :lol:
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:It's been proven he wasnt the first to call HF being hired so clearly facts mean very little to him
While we are on that, a few people were crazy enough to think Wimbo was staying on. Can we officially bury that idiocy?
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Going 4-2-5 on defense
That is what we were.
Yea, there’s discussion on this thread of going 4-3 or 3-4. I’m just stating that we’re going to be 4-2-5..... still lol
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Post, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate but ballcoach will just shake it off :lol:
I'm sure he will totally understand this reference.
By Class of 20Something
Liberty22 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Going 4-2-5 on defense
That is what we were.
Yea, there’s discussion on this thread of going 4-3 or 3-4. I’m just stating that we’re going to be 4-2-5..... still lol
Where did you see the 4-2-5 mentioned? I linked the Nick Pierce tweet in the Next Years Defense thread on the 4 man front.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Where did you see the 4-2-5 mentioned? I linked the Nick Pierce tweet in the Next Years Defense thread on the 4 man front.
A sea of red tweeted it. Our base will be 4-2-5 but there will be multiple options.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While we are on that, a few people were crazy enough to think Wimbo was staying on. Can we officially bury that idiocy?
Obviously we can "bury" the idea, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult people. To think that Wimbo would remain as DC would have been idiocy. Nobody was saying that. I'm totally fine with everyone HF chose, but Wimbo as LB coach would not have been crazy.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Obviously we can "bury" the idea, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult people. To think that Wimbo would remain as DC would have been idiocy. Nobody was saying that. I'm totally fine with everyone HF chose, but Wimbo as LB coach would not have been crazy.
So fervent in your views, but you disappeared when they were challenged. Welcome back.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: While we are on that, a few people were crazy enough to think Wimbo was staying on. Can we officially bury that idiocy?
Obviously we can "bury" the idea, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult people. To think that Wimbo would remain as DC would have been idiocy. Nobody was saying that. I'm totally fine with everyone HF chose, but Wimbo as LB coach would not have been crazy.[/quote]

So fervent in your views, but you disappeared when they were challenged. Welcome back.[/quote]

If you call posting multiple times in multiple threads on this forum every day disappearing, I guess I disappeared. I didn't see the need to make a point of saying I was wrong on the Wimbo call. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

You were right.
I was wrong.
Feel better?
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell Ce[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]