Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:Jim Nichols Assistant AD for Football being reported at 2 places...
Interesting. That is the title Paul Rutigliano held, and it was reported here a while back that he was being retained. Possibly in another role? Or maybe he decided to "pursue other opportunities".
By tyndal23
Jax State and Bama both tackle and play great fundamental D - excited about Pope just from his past associations...
By Jonathan Carone
So we’ve hired three D2 guys, three SEC analysts, and a CFL dude.

All have pretty good pedigrees for the level they're coming from, but it's just an odd arrangement of people. A bunch of people who haven't had the chance to be full-time on-the-field coaches at the FBS level but are proven to be good at the level they were at.

Contrast it with a staff who came from getting fired at Kansas and were a little entitled and wanted everything handed to them when they got here.

It's going to be a whole different vibe around that program.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:So we’ve hired three D2 guys, three SEC analysts, and a CFL dude.

All have pretty good pedigrees for the level they're coming from, but it's just an odd arrangement of people. A bunch of people who haven't had the chance to be full-time on-the-field coaches at the FBS level but are proven to be good at the level they were at.

Contrast it with a staff who came from getting fired at Kansas and were a little entitled and wanted everything handed to them when they got here.

It's going to be a whole different vibe around that program.
+1

He wanted minds not experience.
By cruzan_flame13
Exactly 20 and coaches like Freeze build programs and eventually dynasties. I hope the best for the staff and all they have planned in the upcoming months.
By cruzan_flame13
Exactly 20 and coaches like Freeze build programs and eventually dynasties. I hope the best for the staff and all they have planned in the upcoming months.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:All you have to say is this guy coached at Bama and you would have had me sold. HUGE PICKUP FOR FREEZE.

When was he at Alabama ?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pope's twitter gives us the first hint on our defensive scheme. He refers to himself as "Inside Backers Coach". I'm thinking HF probably doesn't hire a full time assistant to coach just the MLB in a 4-3, but that's just a thought.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:Pope's twitter gives us the first hint on our defensive scheme. He refers to himself as "Inside Backers Coach". I'm thinking HF probably doesn't hire a full time assistant to coach just the MLB in a 4-3, but that's just a thought.
Symons was also ILB at Memphis. 3-4 is definitely on the way.

Combined with Freeze saying he wanted 16 DL on the roster means the DL is a meritocracy. WHYDFML may rule those snaps.
By cruzan_flame13
Sort of off topic, but I saw that Tebow is engaged. Eventually he’ll start a family and may be open to opportunities. It would be nice to have him on staff or even a commentator for LFSN(school sport programs may grow into something big and hopefully the network will grow along with it). Okay back to the topic, carry on! :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Sort of off topic, but I saw that Tebow is engaged. Eventually he’ll start a family and may be open to opportunities. It would be nice to have him on staff or even a commentator for LFSN(school sport programs may grow into something big and hopefully the network will grow along with it). Okay back to the topic, carry on! :lol:
"Sort of"????
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:All you have to say is this guy coached at Bama and you would have had me sold. HUGE PICKUP FOR FREEZE.
I agree 100%.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:So we’ve hired three D2 guys, three SEC analysts, and a CFL dude.
With all due respect, the "CFL dude" was also a former OC at Ole Miss, which might make him the BEST hire of all the assistants. :fbplayer
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
34 defense is tough. Especially with our personnel. Need 2 add a couple more physical jucos like green and hicks. Lemonier and lewis might be olbs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:34 defense is tough. Especially with our personnel. Need 2 add a couple more physical jucos like green and hicks. Lemonier and lewis might be olbs.
I think Jayod Sanders would be almost sure to move to LB. I see Lewis staying at DE. He will probably be at least 260 next year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed on saunders and lewis. Lemonier will be interesting. He was incredible last year but its tough to play dl at his size in 3 4. He certainly has the speed and technique to overcome it.
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote:
With all due respect, the "CFL dude" was also a former OC at Ole Miss, which might make him the BEST hire of all the assistants. :fbplayer
I watched his interviews. Totally agree.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The local paper is confirming Kyle Pope as the LAST coach hired for Hugh Freeze's staff. :clapping
New Liberty football coach Hugh Freeze completed his on-field coaching staff Thursday with the hiring of Kyle Pope as inside linebackers coach.

Pope spent the past two seasons as a graduate assistant at Alabama, where he assisted with the defensive line. His prior coaching stops include Presbyterian, Holmes Community College, West Alabama and Jacksonville State.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]